• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

qJUfoXZ.png

Welp, RIP writing for the next three months. I've made a terrible mistake.

I don't have time for video games, I have finals and Orphan Black eating my life. (Anyone else watch Orphan Black? Anyone? Because you all should.) But I'm hoping to get The Sims 4 and Animal Crossing soon. I'm such a hardcore gamer.

Orphan Black is fantastic, so pleased that it has returned! :D I mean, I have no time to watch it, but I am still happy its back.

I just managed to make the Eight Easy Steps document about twenty pages shorter by changing the fonts I used to differentiate the blogs and the interludes. Since changing computers I have had to write on Word 2010 instead of 2003, and some of those fonts changed pretty drastically in seven years

VIDEO GAMES RUIN LIVES

Speaking of which, I bought pokemon conquest. Anyone played it? I like it so far, but then again I've only played for an hour.

I've played it quite a lot, and I quite like it. It's certainly a good and fun concept, and I think a lot of the battles were well done, some of the castles were quite cleverly designed, but otherwise it seemed to lack a certain... refinement. For one, I quickly lost count of the number of times I wished I could trade pokemon between different warriors. Regardless, I think they should make a sequel. I don't generally play the spin-off games, but I reckon there's a lot they could do using Conquest as a starting point. Like include ninetales and altaria, for a start.

Also, one thing I learned from my first playthrough: leafeon is the best!

I just managed to make the Eight Easy Steps document about twenty pages shorter by changing the fonts I used to differentiate the blogs and the interludes. Since changing computers I have had to write on Word 2010 instead of 2003, and some of those fonts changed pretty drastically in seven years
That reminds me of when I'd mess with the font during high school writing projects. I'd either set my size to 11.5 or 12.5 depending on if I went over or under the limitation, and it was close enough to the Times New Roman 12 that the teachers accepted as a standard that they never caught onto my little ploy. It was much sneakier than the methods other kids used, anyways, such as triple spacing, setting the font size to 14 or fudging the document's word count by adding garbled junk at the end and setting its color to white.

Although that makes me think, is page count really that important when it comes to fanfiction? I've put literally zero worry to the idea, since I've been using a non-standard text editor for much of the entire run of Storm Island. Admittedly, I'm curious of how many pages I'd fill out had I gotten the first season published as a normal sized paperback book.

Although that makes me think, is page count really that important when it comes to fanfiction? I've put literally zero worry to the idea, since I've been using a non-standard text editor for much of the entire run of Storm Island. Admittedly, I'm curious of how many pages I'd fill out had I gotten the first season published as a normal sized paperback book.

I think the length of Galactic is worrying and worth nothing :p I don't particularly fuss about it, but I do occasionally tally up how many pagesI have written to see how much progress I have made from one year to the next. I haven't done it for a while, but maybe once my current round of assignments are done I will look into it again.

I'm not bothered by the length of the chapters of my fic, though with chapter 12 well underway, I've reached 151 pages with just size 11 Calibri. Having a table of content does help though.

If you at some is going to switch computer again, instead of buying a Microsoft office pack, I can suggest Libre Office. It's basically a free, open source variant of Microsoft developed by The Document Foundation. After building my custom computer about a month ago, I decided to download that instead of buying a new office pack. I can confirm that LibreOffice Writer, which is basically Word, functions just as well as Word and it's also compatible with Word documents.

Pokon Conquest feels like a hybrid between Fore Emblem and Pokémon. I like it. [mention]LordKKyuubi[/mention] Pfft, Vaporeon is so much better. However, Dialga is truly the best. Post-game is so easy after you get a couple of legendaries.

Concerning Libre Office, I used that on a cheap travel laptop basically because it was free, and I did find it quite a lot worse than Word 2010. I mean, it does all your basic typing and that, but in terms of other features, I thought it lacked a bit. Its main perks, I thought, were being free, and letting you disable spell check, though it does seem so used to having it disabled that it doesn't seem to actually work on the rare occasion I want it to. Might just be my computer, though, it's not great.

Pokon Conquest feels like a hybrid between Fore Emblem and Pokémon. I like it. [mention]LordKyuubi[/mention] Pfft, Vaporeon is so much better. However, Dialga is truly the best. Post-game is so easy after you get a couple of legendaries.

OBJECTION! I use vaporeon on a regular basis, and can authoritatively disagree with this statement. Consider it disagreed.

Uh, more seriously, I prefer leafeon due to having generally stronger stats (that's what it seemed like to me anyway) than vaporeon, and also Leaf Blade can't hit your friends. And does actually tend to hit, whereas I find Hydro Pump rather unreliable. Also, leafeon has Life Force, which is great.

To be honest, flareon's a serious contender as well, actually. I don't know that much about him, but he can have the ability Spirit, which fully heals you and boosts your stats once you take enough damage.

Regarding legendaries, I used Reshiram to a certain extent, and can agree he's completely broken, though it's not helped by the way the game calculates pokemon strength. Although I did think Arceus was reliably worse than your eeveelution, so that's a point against the legendaries there. I've generally not used legendaries much yet, so I'll have to see whether I want to properly rule them out or not.

Espeon is my least favorite Eeveelution. I just don't think it's cool or cute at all. I'm not a fan of Psychic types either.

Flareon, Leafeon, and Sylveon ftw! Glaceon and Umbreon are cool too though. ^^ I actually have Eevee, Sylveon, and Glaceon plushies! And I so need to add Flareon, Leafeon, and maybe Umbreon!

Um, what about Espeon? That's my favorite Eeveelution so if you say he's bad in Conquest, I'll fight you.

I've never actually used espeon in Conquest, and she's probably the one I know least about. I think she has Psybeam, which covers a few squares ahead of you. I've used leafeon, umbreon and vaporeon, and I know a bit about the others, but not enough to say much.

Espeon is bad in Conquest.

Right, I suspect diamondpearl876 will be joining Team Arkadelphiak then. You're welcome.

EDIT: For all the eevee talk going on, I'm going to do some shameless self-promotion and say I wrote a blog about them for no particular reason.

Hey guys hey guys you should all get tab for a cause so that you can raise money for charity while surfing the web also I want to refer someone so I can get extra heart points to donate. It's really cool, it makes it so a tiny little ad shows up in the bottom of the page whenever you open a new tab, and then the money raised from the ads gets donated to good causes. Yeah. Go. Make a difference.

I can't write any Lucky Egg because I'm too busy writing three freaking essays for finals. *cries*

Back
Top Bottom