• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Hmm. I'm in two minds. It does make a certain amount of logical sense, I suppose, though some of those variations are a bit extreme for my liking
I agree, I think it should be a bit more subtle. Like the Delphox Pikachu being a tad more fluffy versus their pure-bred brethren or Marill's chest fur taking on aspects of the father's, as the Audino Marill demonstrates.

I like the idea, but am not a fan of the artist's interpretations, to be honest. It seems like the artist really just meshed two pokemon together instead of adding traits from one on to the other, which would make a lot more sense and probably look better.

As yes, I've seen those around. I agree that a lot of people are making them too extreme, more full-on fusion than inheriting a couple of the father's traits. The subtle ones are better. I want to try making some as soon as I'm not drowning in finals, but I don't know which pokemon to do...

As yes, I've seen those around. I agree that a lot of people are making them too extreme, more full-on fusion than inheriting a couple of the father's traits. The subtle ones are better. I want to try making some as soon as I'm not drowning in finals, but I don't know which pokemon to do...

Thousand and one projects on the to-do list, eh Bink

Thousand and one projects on the to-do list, eh Bink

I always get like this when I don't have free time. 99% of them will be forgotten by the end of finals.

Not this one, though. One of my school projects is going faster than I thought so I'm procrastinating. Already started. Any requests for what to breed Magikarp with?

I finally got started on the next Dawn of Darkness chapter the other day! I plan for this one to be short, especially compared to the last couple of chapters, so hopefully it won't take forever to finish. :p

I haven't forgotten about Pokemon and My Little Pony: Keldeo's Equestrian Quest though, I still plan to start that soonish as well!

Welp, not ten minutes after I posted about my laptop being ready to die, it went on to the great electronics store in the sky. I bought a new one today, and now I just need to get my story files transferred over.

Has anyone else ever seen a story become popular after it finished or right near the end? I noticed that Dawn of Darkness became more reviewed/talked about on here as it reached the end, and I've just noticed that it's doing fairly well on FF.net (by my story standards) despite being finished for four months now. Anyone else seen this happen to a story?

Has anyone else ever seen a story become popular after it finished or right near the end? I noticed that Dawn of Darkness became more reviewed/talked about on here as it reached the end, and I've just noticed that it's doing fairly well on FF.net (by my story standards) despite being finished for four months now. Anyone else seen this happen to a story?

No, but I'm going to guess that it might have something to do with how long your story has been around and the fact that it's appeared in the awards multiple times. It became well-known, so more people read it, resulting in more reviews.

My Dawn of Darkness has gone through a similar phase, though it it's not near finished yet and that phase seems to have died out now. It hasn't gotten a review on ff.net in ages. Same with my other FE stuff as well as TAP. I hope is just that the people that repeatedly reviewed it have just been really busy or accidentally forgot... Not that they got bored of it. :(

Hype Train 2015 has been brought to you by: Toei Animation, with special thanks to Akira Toriyama!

*Investigates what Zero-Suit Lugion is talking about*

A new Dragon Ball animated series to start soon?! Good grief, they're still at it after so many years after the original series ended?

If it's still 10 episodes of powering up an attack while saying edgy-angsty-teen things, I'm not interested.

I must be honest, I'm also a bit iffy about it as well. I much prefer the Dragon Ball anime before Dragon Ball Z, the one that was about Goku's childhood until adulthood.

Did you know that the manga was originally going to be a parody of the famous Chinese novel, Journey to the West?

I've never been really into Dragonball or Dragonball Z, but I do admit that I like Krillin a lot and Vegeta is a badass.

Speaking of revived series though, Inspector Gadget got that treatment this year too! And I love the new series, especially since Penny is now voiced by the same actress that does Twilight Sparkle for MLP! Tara Strong. ^^ I always did like Twilight's voice and it fits the new teenage Penny perfectly. Talon is also a hilarious new character, I love the dynamic between him and his uncle, Dr. Claw. And he and Penny SO have a crush on each other despite that they clash all the time due to being on opposite sides. XD

And of course, Gadget hasn't changed a bit and is still as hilariously oblivious as ever. In fact, his voice even sounds the same despite that he probably has a different VA than in the original series too. Heck, Dr. Claw and Chief Quimby don't really sound different either! And the running gag of Gadget's messages exploding on Chief Quimby is still there too. lol It never gets old! XD This is a Netflix exclusive series, but it's awesome. :D The only thing I don't like about it is the opening theme. It's just not that great compared to the original one. But I'm so glad to see new love for Inspector Gadget, who hadn't seen anything new since Disney's films. ^^

If the quality of animation is anywhere close to how Toei treats One Piece, that's a dealbreaker for me.

So on another forum I just got yelled down by about five users (including the admin...) for arguing that, no, in 100 years Shakespeare would still be better known than Goku and arguing otherwise shows a serious lack of understand on cultural longevity.

But in a related question, is Dragonball really that popular in America? It could've just been that the forum catered to teenagers of a nerdy but not intellectual sort, but they all swore that he was the most influential character created in the last 50 years or something.

So on another forum I just got yelled down by about five users (including the admin...) for arguing that, no, in 100 years Shakespeare would still be better known than Goku and arguing otherwise shows a serious lack of understand on cultural longevity.

But in a related question, is Dragonball really that popular in America? It could've just been that the forum catered to teenagers of a nerdy but not intellectual sort, but they all swore that he was the most influential character created in the last 50 years or something.

I quite agree - Shakespeare's already survived centuries past his shelf-life and shows no sign of slowing down. I think Dragonball is mostly well known since that and Pokémon were among the first anime to really become well-known outside of Japan. Now that anime is fairly commonplace I don't think Dragonball has anywhere near the significance it once did. Why anyone would think Goku is an especially influential character I have no idea.

But you raise something that I see on this forum a lot, which is the assumption that the forum community represents majority of opinion. "Prevailing opinion of the anime on this forum is x, therefore prevailing opinion of all viewers of the anime is x"

Back
Top Bottom