• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I've always seen Mega Evolution as a form of possible and powerful primordial form the Pokémon once had until time passed to present day or earlier, where their original power where no longer necessary due to adaption or change in habitat and thus, they regressed to their current form. If I'm ever going to introduce mega evolution to my fanfic, I may give it this background story. Of course, Mewtwo kinda throws this idea out of the window, as it canon-wise a very recent Pokémon that came to be. Then again, Mewtwo IS a clone of Mew, who, as we all know, its DNA contains the genetic code of all existing Pokémon, if myths are to be believed. Thus, Mewtwo would also contain the same genetic codes and in turn, the ability to mega evolve like many other Pokémon that can.

One would have to be careful about adding mega evolution as an option to a character, no matter what kind, as he or she will then quickly become quite powerful (if the anime is any indication).

I'll be honest, I don't dislike any of the designs of any Mega Evolution Pokémon whatsoever. The only one that strikes me as an oddball would Mega Slowbro due to its design. The poor guy almost looks like he's being eaten alive. That being said, you can't really argue against its defense's massive boost after mega evolving.

Also, Mega Pidgeot and Mega Gallade are my personal favorites ;)

Mega Gallade is best Mega hands down. It's everything I wanted in Gallade but better.

Well, except the ability but I guess it's at least fitting thematically.

Mega Sableye's cute and I've loved it since I saw it. I will fight anyone who disagrees!

shiny sableye is ugly af though
I won't deny that it's adorable when it's hiding behind a giant ass rupee, but at the same time it's just so lazy. It's normal Sabeleye hiding behind a prop. The only lazier design is Kangaskhan's.

I think Mega Venusaur is the laziest design, because they didn't do anything different to it. At least Kangaskhan and Sabelye had some noticeable changes: Mega Venusaur could still pass for regular Venusaur.

Tbh can you really expect Megas to be that differenet xD I mean essentially Mega evolution is just a boost of the Pokemon's powers but the general design still has to resemble the last stage, it isn't like a full evolution where they change appearances completely. I think the only one that looks like a completely different Pokemon as a Mega is Gyarados though Mega Bannette also has a pretty big difference.

Shiny Mega Gengar is just straight-up ghost white. I mean, it looks badass, but I don't understand it. Maybe make normal Shiny Gengar white, too?

I agree that Mega Gallade is the best looking Mega so far. I really want to draw it in a piece alongside Ike from FE someday. :3

I really like Mega Lopunny too though, glad it gains the Fighting type!

I think a lot of megas try to expand too much and change too much from the original designs. The 'lazy' megas are those that remain true to the species of pokemon they are supposed to be. They're not supposed to be relatives or higher evolutions - they are literally the same pokemon, and so that's what they should look like, in my opinion at least. That's why the more faithful and restrained mega designs like absol, ampharos and sableye are my preferred approaches, rather than the ones like Rayquaza and that damned salamence which do ridiculous things to the original design, and others like charizard X which honestly looks good, but nothing like charizard anymore.

So I'm at the point in "Through Sapphire Skies" where you chase down the Aqua that steals the Devon Parts and Poke-naps Peeko. I'm thinking of expanding this scene to a full blown chase scene, but don't know where to begin.

So, have you written a chase scene? How did you or would you go about making the chase fun for the reader?

Thanks for your answers about the cover art : )

Though, if you(you being whoever reads this) could either create or have someone else create a cover art for your story and let us use it I can bribe you with a full review of your story(unless it is like Galactic, sorry, Ace : P). Doesn't have to be anything fancy, if you want more info feel free to ask me.

Regarding Mega Evolution. I don't really like the concept of Mega Evolution. It seems like GF is just trying to push it too hard. But, regarding design, I think Mega Abomasnow isn't that good. It's just too, pointy. Mega Aggron in't that different either, but nt quite sure. I agree with Mega Venusaur being too similar.

Thanks for your answers about the cover art : )

Though, if you(you being whoever reads this) could either create or have someone else create a cover art for your story and let us use it I can bribe you with a full review of your story(unless it is like Galactic, sorry, Ace : P). Doesn't have to be anything fancy, if you want more info feel free to ask me.

Regarding Mega Evolution. I don't really like the concept of Mega Evolution. It seems like GF is just trying to push it too hard. But, regarding design, I think Mega Abomasnow isn't that good. It's just too, pointy. Mega Aggron in't that different either, but nt quite sure. I agree with Mega Venusaur being too similar.

:'(

Doesn't have to be anything fancy
hVtrPYS.png

(this is not a serious submission, by the way)

What's all this for Soul? xD

*inhales deeply*

Well, basically said friend(HKim if you know him) is trying to put together a site for Pokemon FanFiction. Kinda like FF.net, but only for Pokemon stuff. The reason we want cover art is more main page stuff, featured story with art kind of thing. It is by no mean complete, but we are trying to get a few stories and authors in on this so use their stories for when it opens, so that is doesn't look like a completely blank site. So yeah, just trying to find good stories to use with this.

Also, @Kimberly Prescott; We would totally use that : P

this might be borderline advertising, but oh well

What's all this for Soul? xD

*inhales deeply*

Well, basically said friend(HKim if you know him) is trying to put together a site for Pokemon FanFiction. Kinda like FF.net, but only for Pokemon stuff. The reason we want cover art is more main page stuff, featured story with art kind of thing. It is by no mean complete, but we are trying to get a few stories and authors in on this so use their stories for when it opens, so that is doesn't look like a completely blank site. So yeah, just trying to find good stories to use with this.

Also, @Kimberly Prescott; We would totally use that : P

this might be borderline advertising, but oh well

Maaan, I wish I could draw stuff. I'd totally make cover art for my story. Something like Jimmy, Flannery, and Winona in front of an unfinished pyramid with an Eye of Providence at the top or something else equally Illuminati-y.

On a completely unrelated topic, it appears that my one-year Bulbaversery was yesterday! I have now been a member of these forums for a year and one day. :D

@Soulmaster, I think you are getting into the general area of advertising with this one, so if your going to continue, you will have to tread carefully.

Yeah I was thinking about that.

So I'll just say if anyone wants to contribute or know more, come talk to me, VMs, PMs, or IMs work for me.

And now leave it at that before an infraction.

also way to use the right your/you're, Ace. And here you're supposed to be the head of the writing forum.

Congrats, Vivillon! A Bulbaversary is always exciting. I haven't really met you before, but still Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom