• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Sorry to ruin the fun, but I'm looking for someone to read a college essay I just finished and need to edit. Is personal/autobiographical in nature. 2.5 pages long.

WHO WANTS TO DO IT

NO NO PICK ME

but holy wat:
>you're applying to college
>you're applying to college and you're writing your essays and it's only May so you're like twenty months early
>you're applying to college and you're writing your essays and it's only May so you're like twenty months early and also you wrote the first and really awesome draft of Survival Project like five years ago and it was still really good and you were in like seventh grade then and here I was thinking you were like twenty hello internet I am wat?
>holy fishsticks I've been wasting my life .-.

Sorry to ruin the fun, but I'm looking for someone to read a college essay I just finished and need to edit. Is personal/autobiographical in nature. 2.5 pages long.

WHO WANTS TO DO IT

NO NO PICK ME

but holy wat:
>you're applying to college and you're writing your essays and it's only May so you're like twenty months early
>you're applying to college and you're writing your essays and it's only May so you're like twenty months early and also you wrote the first and really awesome draft of Survival Project like five years ago and it was still really good and you were in like seventh grade then and here I was thinking you were like twenty hello internet I am wat?

OH MY GOD WHAT??? CAN I REALLY PM YOU

actually i'm late, i'm applying for fall 2015... for GRADUATE SCHOOL... i'm 22

don't worry life is okay

WHO WANTS TO DO IT

NO NO PICK ME

but holy wat:

don't worry life is okay

Nah it was jokes get out of my life who even are you
(Jokes of course! <3)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah I'm a clever one I understand now
Heh
Pretend this never happened oops

WHO WANTS TO DO IT

NO NO PICK ME

but holy wat:

don't worry life is okay

Nah it was jokes get out of my life who even are you
(Jokes of course! <3)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah I'm a clever one I understand now
Heh
Pretend this never happened oops

diamondpearl876/kintsugi shipping confirmed

http://i.imgur.com/vaS0H86.jpg

After waiting over five months, I finally got my preordered Ike Amiibo yesterday! SO HAPPY. :3 He's my favorite (besides Luigi)! <3

I need to go back to writing though, I spent so much time keeping an ear out for the phone call to pick it up as well as refreshing Amazon for a Marth at MSRP (which I got as well, wee!). I'm gonna try to write a lot today, tomorrow, and over the weekend.

Too bad I don't own anything you can do things with with Amiibo, cause they're really cute :(

Also, I've been meaning to read stuff you guys wrote for a long time now, but some things are kinda long and intimidating? How are you on short stories? (I guess I have commitment issues when it comes to reading and anything artistic XD)

Depends upon how short you want. Out of stuff that got to the voting rounds in the awards cycle last time you have... oh god, rec drop coming.

Journey Fics:
How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps: LONG.
The Long Walk: Mid-length. You could still probably get through it in a day or two if you put in moderate effort. ~100k words, probably.
Vaira: Slightly longer than The Long Walk.
Unpredictable: LONG
But Thou Must!: Short

Dark:
Galactic: HOLY HELL THIS IS LONG
Survival Project: Moderate-short.
Poison Touch: Short

Alternate:
Pokemon Academy: LONG
Storm Island: Moderate-Long
Communication: Moderate (I think)
Vivillon Writes Poetry: Short
Hard Reset: Literally a one-shot

Expansion:
Dawn of Darkness: Moderate-Long
Deep Space: ...short in word count, but it still might take a while to get through...

Non-Pokemon/Crossover:
{some of its hearts}: Short
Origin the Rising: Short

So you actually do have short and mid-length options here. Just a few really long stories mixed in.

One day, Stainless Steel will be long.

You guys just be glad that I dropped the pretense of having to do something big and important in literally every location. :p

Too bad I don't own anything you can do things with with Amiibo, cause they're really cute :(

Also, I've been meaning to read stuff you guys wrote for a long time now, but some things are kinda long and intimidating? How are you on short stories? (I guess I have commitment issues when it comes to reading and anything artistic XD)

You don't even have Smash Bros.? Aw. D:

And yeah, the length of the fics here vary greatly. Some are really long, like my FE: Dawn of Darkness, while others are just one-shots.

I wrote a short, just over 20-page thing once as a sort of spin-off/prequel of my main story in between finishing my first draft and starting the rewrite. It wasn't very good. I'll probably rewrite that too at some point, maybe.

My main story though is not at all short - I'm nearly at the 200-page mark, though I only have about five or six chapters left to go. So the end is kind of in sight, actually now I think about it. No idea what I'll do once I've finished that, though. Write something else, I guess? Hmm...

I wrote a short, just over 20-page thing once as a sort of spin-off/prequel of my main story in between finishing my first draft and starting the rewrite. It wasn't very good. I'll probably rewrite that too at some point, maybe.

My main story though is not at all short - I'm nearly at the 200-page mark, though I only have about five or six chapters left to go. So the end is kind of in sight, actually now I think about it. No idea what I'll do once I've finished that, though. Write something else, I guess? Hmm...

What'll you do once you finish it? You'll upload it, of course!

Back
Top Bottom