• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

The award season is coming and the Danish election most likely begins this week. Oh boy, it's going to be a busy week.

The award season is coming and the Danish election most likely begins this week. Oh boy, it's going to be a busy week.

The Awards are more important :p

Are there any people out there who would like to join us as judges these awards? We are always looking for more people, and with a new category this time around, it is more prevalent we have as many people as we possibly can get. If you want to help then please message me ASAP :)

Day two of my 102F fever. I wonder if this is nature's joke for having recently written about this kind of thing.

It certainly feels like I am. 90+ degree F weather and 100% humidity. My only saving grace is that I'm not being eaten alive by mosquitos and other small bugs.

I couldn't even imagine, since I'm deathly allergic to bees. I feel like I'd just have to give up in such an instance. D:

Bees aren't really an issue where I live. In fact, we got some folks not too far away who uses them to make honey (then again, they're not killer bees). Wasps on the other hand...

Some bees have recently made a nest quite near to my house. That's okay though, I don't mind bees. Honey's good, not that we'll actually manage to get any of it, but never mind.

I actually don't mind bees as much as I should. I've found that they're generally friendly and unlikely to sting. Wasps (which we have ungodly amounts of around here) on the other hand are basically suicide bombers. They will happily give their life to see you suffer.

I think bees are kind of funny. We don't get too many round here, more's the pity. We had an ant problem, the little buggers kept invading the kitchen. I told Dad it was bad idea to turn the front lawn into slate after we'd blasted the aphids on the roses

In Texas, we have every kind of stinging and/or biting creepy-crawlie you can imagine. Killer bees, regular bees, wasps, hornets, dirt duggers, fire ants, huge red ants, carpenter ants, black widow spiders, brown recluse spiders, tarantulas, giant wasps that kill tarantulas, wolf spiders, rattlesnakes, water snakes, cottonmouth snakes, huge scorpions, tiny scorpions, scorpions the same color as your carpet, and the mosquitoes are going to be especially bad this year with all the water sitting around. Some parts of Texas are crawling with alligators and crocodiles. :p

Don't forget, since it's Texas, at least half of those critters are packing AR-15s and MP4s.

In Texas, we have every kind of stinging and/or biting creepy-crawlie you can imagine. Killer bees, regular bees, wasps, hornets, dirt duggers, fire ants, huge red ants, carpenter ants, black widow spiders, brown recluse spiders, tarantulas, giant wasps that kill tarantulas, wolf spiders, rattlesnakes, water snakes, cottonmouth snakes, huge scorpions, tiny scorpions, scorpions the same color as your carpet, and the mosquitoes are going to be especially bad this year with all the water sitting around. Some parts of Texas are crawling with alligators and crocodiles. :p

As a Texan also I 100% back this up. Depending where you live you have to always check your shoes for scorpions before you put them on, as the smallest are the most deadly.

So, day three of my (extended) illness has dawned. While the fever is gone and I can talk again, I face new troubles: difficulty breathing, a massive throbbing headache, and pain radiating through my body every time I take a breath. I'm not a spiritual person in any stretch of the imagination, but if something exists out there, it needs to find a more willing torture subject. I'm sick of this shit.

One more day of suffering, and then I'm checking myself into a hospital. Something must be wrong if you go from bad to worse to catastrophic in 32 hours.

My stubbornness stems only from the human body's amazing ability to pull itself back together when it's practically in pieces. My faith in my immune system's ability to work its black magic seems to have worked somewhat, as all it took was a few short hours not agonizing over how I can't sleep for the pain to fade. I'm not in the best shape, but I'm no longer dying, I guess?

But still, better safe than sorry. Hospital-bound in the morning, unless I feel like a spring chicken.

Back
Top Bottom