• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Well this is kind of scary. Two years ago, I started writing a story that would have been somewhere in the middle of the mystery/action/drama genres, which started with the murder of a close friend of the two main characters. The murder would have been perpetrated by the Russian Mafia because the victim knew a little too much about what they were planning, so I wanted to set the scenery as Russia being this big evil rogue nation via radio reports.

The scary part? I had written through the radio reports that Russia invaded Ukraine and took over Crimea and the eastern/northern sections of the country before they met heavy resistance and eventually stalled. Much of the world looked away since they were afraid of a war with Russia over something like that. I had written this all almost eight months prior to all of this happening in the real world, but I had abandoned the story and forgotten the ideas before the actual events occurred. Interest in restarting the story led me to rereading the chapters and finding out I might actually be a psychic.

I dunno, it was kinda spooky. It felt like I was reading a(n admittedly poorly written, since it was just a draft) news article.

(I'm hoping to hammer out a few chapters in the coming days, maybe I can submit it for the non-pokemon category if I squeeze by the rules)

Kimberly Prescott used Future Sight!

attachment.php

*This is the most productive I've been all day

Attachments

• yyyyy.png
    yyyyy.png
    255.2 KB · Views: 106
So I wanted to work hard on a specific project and hammer out at least five chapters of content in time for the awards. An unlikely goal, I admit, but... This dang blasted cold just won't go away, I can't even focus on anything for longer than five seconds.

My throat needs to stop bothering me by Thursday. It's A-Kon weekend and I refuse to be an invalid AGAIN this year.

I learned today that this year my hometown Vordingborg is celebrating its 600th anniversary, so a lot of stuff has been announced as a result (such as outdoor breakfast with jazz, weirdly enough). Looks like summer is going to be filled with things to do.

My boyfriend says I've been replaced by Fallout 4.

*And I told him he'd already been replaced by Omega Ruby

Last edited:
dang it, I got away for training for one week, and I miss Fallout 4 being announced?!

I'll try to stay in touch as best as I can, but from here on out (especially starting in about 1.5 weeks) free time is going to be ridiculously limited. I refuse to disappear entirely though, and I'll do the best I can to check in. bear in mind that my best for here might not be as great as I'd like.

Activity around here has been a little slow lately, but here's hoping we can turn that around with the start of the Summer Awards!!! *whistles and cheers sound as fireworks go off and everyone has a huge dance party*

Also, a reminder that I will not be accepting any entry where the story is not directly linked to and I will not be reminding you - it has been a rule for several seasons now, it is bolded and highlighted in the thread, there is no excuse to not being doing it.

Last edited:
For some reason, I'm really excited to be judging again. I don't normally read as much as I do when its the awards, so I guess I'm just looking forward to seeing all the works that get through and getting to read the ones I haven't yet been able to.

I have two out of my three 'other' nominations figured out, so I have a little more thinking to do before I nominate anything.

And I just submitted my nominations, AT! This is exciting. ^^

I gotta do some more writing now though. I've been making some nice progress on the latest Dawn of Darkness chapter, and I have to finally start that Pokemon/My Little Pony crossover (Keldeo's Equestrian Quest, remember? lol). Super Luigi is also sorta nearing completion.

I'll send mine soon. Been at A-Kon this weekend and was too tired to think yesterday when I got home. :p

Wow, they sure are coming in fast o.o

They are 20, but only for about five people. We are sitting at about 25 from seven-ish people at the moment.

I will note that we haven't really had any nominations for other people's work - in fact, I don't think we have had any AT ALL :/ People so far have just nominated themselves. It would be nice if we can see more people spreading the love around. There are six months of stories and updates people can choose from: there is a lot to be nominated!

My difficulty with nominating others is that I've only made a serious effort at reading one other story on this site (and I haven't even caught up yet), and I do recall the author thinking of sitting out this time around.

My difficulty with nominating others is that I've only made a serious effort at reading one other story on this site (and I haven't even caught up yet), and I do recall the author thinking of sitting out this time around.

Which is fair enough. I would prefer if people didn't just pick random stories and nominated them for no reason. We are currently sitting on 33 at the moment, which is a decent number for two days and I expect we will get more once a few others start nominating.

They are 20, but only for about five people. We are sitting at about 25 from seven-ish people at the moment.

I will note that we haven't really had any nominations for other people's work - in fact, I don't think we have had any AT ALL :/ People so far have just nominated themselves. It would be nice if we can see more people spreading the love around. There are six months of stories and updates people can choose from: there is a lot to be nominated!

Hey, AT, I nominated some work that isn't mine! It's my poetry nomination, hint hint. :p

And I totally would nominate other people's work more often, but I'm not really that into Pokemon fanfiction. I'm here mainly because of the writing community itself is amazing and that I like to write, not so much the fics.

Hey, AT, I nominated some work that isn't mine! It's my poetry nomination, hint hint. :p

One still isnt very much. We haven't had any nominations today so far either.

In case people did not see, we have made changes to the awards regarding blocking people from nominating your work if you do not want them to. You can find the deets over in the main thread.

Back
Top Bottom