• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'm about to write perhaps the most sexual sentence I have ever written for the next 8ES chapter. This is brave new territory, guys - fingers crossed it isn't awful!

Alaska x Sandy 2015

Also, weather is nice. Either go into great detail on the sunset and the ambiance . . . or just say "it was raining." Very customizable for your needs, yet a large piece of the atmosphere can be addressed in that short of a sentence.

I'm about to write perhaps the most sexual sentence I have ever written for the next 8ES chapter. This is brave new territory, guys - fingers crossed it isn't awful!
"Those clothes look pretty good on you, but they'd look even better on the floor."

Is it bad I interpreted the second sentence in a sexual manner? .-.

"Those clothes look pretty good on you, but they'd look even better on the floor."

The GVerse version would be more:
"Those clothes look pretty good on you, but they'd look even better on this smouldering pile of rubble."

"Those clothes look pretty good on you, but they'd look even better on this smouldering pile of rubble."

"I feel like those clothes would look pretty good on you, but my eyes are still superimposed with the afterimages of all these explosions."

Really? I was actually thinking of dedicating a filler chapter of OBC to two sex scenes (Jimmy/Flannery and Winona/Wallace). Which, to be fair to people who really don't feel like reading smut, is entirely optional.

I think he's only kidding.

No, it is a fairly sexual sentence :p But note it is only a sentence, not a scene or anything.

In response to Jimmy, I just have never had much cause to include such a... sentence in a story. In most of my stories, the characters are either single or too young to really get down to business :p

Hey guys I'm back not that anyone cares now that I've started getting a better control over my schedule.

I'm going to write something soon I swear.

In response to Jimmy, I just have never had much cause to include such a... sentence in a story. In most of my stories, the characters are either single or too young to really get down to business :p

Too young, no fun. (I swear guys the age of consent is sixteen in OBC!USA Flannery suggesting her and Jimmy "teach" Roxie was totally legal and would not at all get her arrested OKAY)

And it isn't really like this chapter is going to be entirely without reason; fighting a secret organization hell-bent on creating a fascist new world order should result in some well-deserved downtime, right?

Oh, and welcome back despite never having conversed with you, FullMoon! I'll review your story if you review mine! If I'm not a lazy fucking bum again that is.

Hey guys I'm back not that anyone cares now that I've started getting a better control over my schedule.

I'm going to write something soon I swear.

Hello there! Good to hear you're back! I did hope not to be kept waiting for the next update. Ahem.

But seriously, take as long as you need. Don't mind me. I'm here if you need me.

Jeez... I'm writing the next chapter of OBC right now, and even I feel bad for Gerasim. Why do I feel such strong feelings for fictional characters?

Hey guys, I havent posted in the thread in a while since i mostly just read through. I was wondering though, for all of you who write characters, do you prefer making your own characters or going off of characters created by other authors?
And if you prefer writing your own characters, do you get inspiration off of other created characters or are they completely made up?

Hey guys, I havent posted in the thread in a while since i mostly just read through. I was wondering though, for all of you who write characters, do you prefer making your own characters or going off of characters created by other authors?And if you prefer writing your own characters, do you get inspiration off of other created characters or are they completely made up?
Come post here all you want! We're friendly!
I prefer to create my own characters. A derivative of another's character just wouldn't sit right with me (excluding canon characters because fanfiction). And since I try to create them on my own, a lot of work is put into making them standalone. But I've made a parody of myself, which can be eye opening at times.

Hey guys, I havent posted in the thread in a while since i mostly just read through. I was wondering though, for all of you who write characters, do you prefer making your own characters or going off of characters created by other authors?And if you prefer writing your own characters, do you get inspiration off of other created characters or are they completely made up?
Come post here all you want! We're friendly!
I prefer to create my own characters. A derivative of another's character just wouldn't sit right with me (excluding canon characters because fanfiction). And since I try to create them on my own, a lot of work is put into making them standalone. But I've made a parody of myself, which can be eye opening at times.

OMG SAME xD I knew I wanted to make myself as a character and have them act in a more obscure way than I normally do, but I've only ended up making myself respond the same way I would in my real life

Please remember to vote in the Awards, or to get reading if you aren't sure who to pick! There is a huge selection of nominees and we would love to get more people involved!
Remember, you can vote for a story that has already moved on if it is the only story you have read: we will clarify that it has extra votes and other people will have the option to change their votes. However, I do encourage you to read as much as you can and make an informed vote.
There are four days left.

Back
Top Bottom