• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Oh man tropes. I could probably make long trope pages for the fics here if I actually read them.

I'm finishing the first semester of college soon at least.

I studied so much for a test today and while I didn't do bad I messed up enough basic things that I think I'm not going to pass.

Sigh...

Funnily enough, TVTropes also happens to have a page dedicated to Bulbagarden. Look, even your name is mentioned in it, @Flaze; (one of your older usernames that is)!

Thought I'd have a read. Learnt something interesting:

"Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Averted among the Writer's Workshop staff, and even though the previous and current heads are both female, they're older than the trope's usual target."

Hmmmmm..... I think I'd have to disagree...

Thought I'd have a read. Learnt something interesting:

"Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Averted among the Writer's Workshop staff, and even though the previous and current heads are both female, they're older than the trope's usual target."

Hmmmmm..... I think I'd have to disagree...
Even more interesting is I can't even remember the last female head. You're male, Gama's male, iirc MW was male. Don't remember who was head before that though. Though that page is interesting, the Fanfic Female one.

Though Woo, Mafia got mentioned!

That's why I like these forums so much: there is a good range of story types out there and we are fairly balanced in terms of gender. Plus, a lot of us are involved in this community: 700 pages in the General Chat now!

Even more interesting is I can't even remember the last female head. You're male, Gama's male, iirc MW was male. Don't remember who was head before that though. Though that page is interesting, the Fanfic Female one.

And the current head isn't female either... :p AT14 is a guy.

We could do with some more girls I think xD (I don't mean that in any way >.> and the ones we have are awesome but having more kind of helps in balancing the different spects) but we do have a pretty balanced group.
I'm trying my hardest to get Caitlin to come 'back from the store' (seriously, that's what she said before she moved out without telling anyone), so things should teeter towards balance slightly if I'm successful.

Something I've noticed, however, is that it's very difficult for us to retain female writers. They pop up, they're active for a month or two, then they disappear. I wonder if it's because this place smells like celery or something.

i feel like im butting in but i wanted to thank jack for his signature since I like the cards. When I tried to make a banner for my signature it was too big :s but these fit a lot more nicely :D

I love how ironic it is that most of the fanfic writers here are male, considering the trope has always been they're all female.

Back
Top Bottom