• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

OH NOOOOO
PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT GOOGLE IMAGES OF VIRILITY, KIDS

It's even scarier if you look under 'Web'.

0NHRRGT.png

I... actually never noticed the writers here are predominantly male XD but the entire Pokémon fandom isn't mostly male either, is it? I thought it was fairly mixed... (well, at least when I look at my own social circles, the group of people who play Pokémon is fairly mixed)

I also have a bit of an odd question. You see, I have this vignette like thing that I'm not interested in really continuing, so as it is, it's unfinished. It's just not really working the way I want it to. However, it's also my last properly written thing (I mean, I jot down ideas and stuff all the time, but those aren't properly structured and all, they're reminders)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading it and giving some feedback? Mostly in terms of reader enjoyment and maybe flow, I don't need a betareader. I kinda just wanted to know if it's a decent piece XD

I'll gladly proofread something for you in return

I'm a female writer as well. :p And I'm not going anywhere either! lol

Been making some nice progress on the next FE: DoD chapter, btw. I hope to finish it soon! I just had a little writer's block with it.

I have a habit of thinking I would make a chapter short, and then it extends so much that happen to anyone?

I am a female who writes, but actually hasn't posted a story (and I'm going to harm the person who nominated that damn poem). But I make Photoshopped contributions, so I'll get by until then!

Oh my. I just saw some original Pokemon TCG cards in a museum, in a section on old toys. I may only be 18, but I suddenly feel really old...

I have a habit of thinking I would make a chapter short, and then it extends so much that happen to anyone?

lol, this happens to me with almost every chapter. :p

And me. I started my latest chapter weeks ago, thinking I'd start picking up the pace rather more, because the story had reached a bit I was looking forward to. I'm still a way off finished, though it is becoming my longest chapter so far. Though in my defence, I did have exams, and then start putting together ideas for a Fire Emblem fangame as a side project, so I suppose I haven't been too idle.

Oh boy, with the U21 football/soccer semifinal match between Denmark and Sweden, things are already heating up. Saw a clip where a Swede calling us Danes "Danskjävlar" (A translation isn't necessary for us Danes, as we already know what it pretty much means, but you guys are more than welcome to do that), so things are already ON before the match begins in about an hour. Then again, with around 27 wars between our 2 countries to build up our competitive rivalry over a period of 1000 years, that is no surprise.

I generally don't have this problem, but I sure did with that most recent chapter of Stainless Steel. It ended up going further than I anticipated, so I had to cut it earlier than I planned.

And me. I started my latest chapter weeks ago, thinking I'd start picking up the pace rather more, because the story had reached a bit I was looking forward to. I'm still a way off finished, though it is becoming my longest chapter so far. Though in my defence, I did have exams, and then start putting together ideas for a Fire Emblem fangame as a side project, so I suppose I haven't been too idle.

Man, I wish I could turn DoD into a fan game! I'd have to cut some of the writing and replace it with support/info conversations so the events between battles don't drag on for too long, but it could still make a great game, methinks. Plenty of fans want to see RD mechanics back as well as a female lord that doesn't get overshadowed by a male one. It'd also be a challenging game, though hopefully not too hard. There wouldn't be any dumb fanservice mechanics or children system either. And I would certainly add a casual mode.

But alas, it'd be impossible since it requires RD mechanics which obviously don't exist in the GBA games. And GBA hacking is like the only way people can make FE fan games. I'd also need a lot of help. The game would have 50 chapters at the least, I'm predicting.

Remember to vote in the User Voted categories. You can vote if you are nominated in a category, you just can't vote for yourself. We haven't had any yet and it's looking a tad dire so please vote soon!

I just realized that there's an overaching theme across a majority of the characters in my fanfic, that's interesting.

Back
Top Bottom