• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'm starting to get lazy with transition chapters. The prose in this last one felt... lousy. I mean, I'm better at dialogue than prose in general, but... whatever, it's probably me being paranoid.

Oh, here are some tropes for Jimmy:
-The Hero/The Leader
-Dyeing For Your Art/You Gotta Have [Purple] Hair
-Keet: To an extent.
-Joisey
-Wholesome Crossdresser/Dude Looks Like a Lady: Chapter 20 to current, though he'll change outfits soon.
-The Ace: At battling and skateboarding.
-Sleeves Are For Wimps: Neither his vest or Hot Water Music shirt has them.
-Smarter Than You Look
-A Boy and His [Ghost]: A grown-up version of this with Gengar, like Ted.
-Dragon Rider: When riding Altaria in the fight against Moltres.
-Crazy-Prepared/Hammerspace: His bag.
-Deadpan Snarker: Not as much as Gengar or even Winona, but it's there.
-Morality Pet: To Flannery.
-Let's Get Dangerous: Chapter 15. "Time to live forever, baby," indeed.
-Apologetic Attacker: In a rare sincere example, he's this to Zapdos after defeating it with Gliscor.
-Those Two Guys: With Gengar.

I'm currently designing a Fire Emblem fangame, but it won't actually get anywhere unless someone agrees to help out, because I can't do coding or any graphical stuff at all. I do know someone studying game design, but I don't know if he'll actually help me or not.

Anyway, in the meantime, I'm keeping it to fun planning and that. And testing my ideas by rambling extensively about them to Kelleo.

The breadth of my coding services include: I can make you a program in BASIC that sings "Never Gonna Give You Up," or you can watch me get very angry at MATLAB.

That moment when you suddenly realise that a phrase is not appropriate for Pokémon ... such a shame, since Sableye really do have Cheshire Cat grins

Are you talking about making reference jokes? I always hit snags with that when I think of something funny to write based on some reference and then realise I can't make it in the Pokemon context. A lot of jokes have been killed by that.

I'm currently designing a Fire Emblem fangame, but it won't actually get anywhere unless someone agrees to help out, because I can't do coding or any graphical stuff at all. I do know someone studying game design, but I don't know if he'll actually help me or not.

Anyway, in the meantime, I'm keeping it to fun planning and that. And testing my ideas by rambling extensively about them to Kelleo.

The breadth of my coding services include: I can make you a program in BASIC that sings "Never Gonna Give You Up," or you can watch me get very angry at MATLAB.

Matlab? Did you say Matlab!?

MAAAAAAAAAAAAATLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB!!!

>_>

Wait a minute, making a game is too much work. That's why I was also thinking of making one, but it has nothing to do with my story.

If I was going to make an extra thing to go alongside my stories, I would love to have an animated show. I have always imagined certain scenes being acted out/animated/performed in some degree (which is probably why I've gone a bit OTT in certain areas), but I just love the idea.

Speaking of OTT, I've decided to start a blog to track the progress of rewriting my stories, starting with a preview of the new and improved Galactic. If anyone has read the bad parts of Galactic and would like to offer some advice, please help a brother out!

Matlab? Did you say Matlab!?

MAAAAAAAAAAAAATLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB!!!

>_>

% Arkadelphiak
% 7/4/2015
% This is a program just for Lugion*
% BMGf Writer's Workshop 101

clc, clear all

WORDS = 'MAAAAAAAAAAAAATLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB!!!';

while 1==1
disp(WORDS);
end

% *Please do not run this. My laptop did not like this at all.

To avoid writing school essays, one should use GIMP and make a random poster for a story not set to be released till 2016

Imgur
Motherfucker, that's word for word one of the quotes I was going to use during a 'season finale' chapter. Now I have to change it :(

Haha oh no!!! It is actually from a song that inspired the fic. Don't tell me you listen to Jack's Mannequin too

I can finally give FE: DoD a new chapter soon, yaaay. I handed my finished draft to my co-author, and as soon as he's through with it, I can post it. ^^

In the meantime though, I'll do a little art, tie off this short fic I've yet to post here, do a new Super Luigi chapter, and hopefully start Pokemon & My Little Pony: Keldeo's Equestrian Quest. The reason I say both Super Luigi and Keldeo's Equestrian Quest is that the latter may take a little while for me to figure out how to start. Starting a chapter is usually the hardest part of writing one for me. xP

That reminds me of the time where I was with my dad driving back home and I was falling asleep on the backseat when suddenly my dad braked and I saw a truck start capsizing, we were far away from it but it was still pretty shocking since it was the first time I actually saw something like that happen in front of me.

I didn't even need to set my alarm this morning. This guy woke me up just fine.

Eeeugh. I have known too many automobile-related deaths, and I pray this person didn't die.

Based on the scuffs on our right, it looks like something impacted it (or they swerved and hit something, causing a spin) . . . and the missing edge of the front bumper makes me think that it hit the curb, ripped off said chunk, then bounced onto its back and shattered the windows. The dark liquid looks like drainage seeping through the hood. I don't see any airbags, and that concerns me . . .

The guy was perfectly fine, just a little shocked. I would be too if I was on my roof in under three seconds.

My neighbor caught it on surveillance, so I have a better idea of what happened. Now I'm not sure why exactly, but he was driving down the wrong side of the road, smacked a curb, bounced off of a tree (which saved my own house from being totaled), then rolled onto his roof. He did slide a few feet on his roof, and I think the liquid was either radiator fluid or windshield wiper fluid. If it was something dangerous, the fire department would have hosed it down to a storm drain.

Back
Top Bottom