• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Bit of an odd question, but is there any conceivable reason I get horrendously sick every Sunday? It seems to happen without fail, and I don't think I can be allergic to a human concept.

These articles may interest you to the contrary.

Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms

Somatic Symptom Disorder

It's not at all unheard of for psychological conditions to manifest themselves in physical forms. In fact, there was once a fellow I played Magic with who would get the worst stomach aches right before any MTG tournament. Bad enough to the point that he went to see a doctor. It was eventually a psychologist who determined that his fear of losing a game in public manifested itself in the form of an actual ailment to prevent him from playing. Perhaps you have some sort of similar underlying negative association with Sunday that causes your weekly illness.

Or you could just have a reoccurring infection. That happens too.

And by the way, I'm Jace. I judged fan fiction once and sometimes attempt to write it.

Would people be interested if I changed the Fairground Quiz thread up and instead we offered alternating tasks that could result in prizes/rewards to some degree. We could still do the quiz every other month, and perhaps split it up with challenges/tasks like rewriting chapters of different stories into your story (feature a story, say 8ES, and whoever wants to can rewrite the first chapter or something in their style) or doing excerpts of your own story in a different style (i.e. a chapter entirely in rhyme, a different genre, the Pokemon's perspective, all the characters become villains). Would anyone be interested in taking part as just a little bit of fun?

It would be interesting if we did writing contests of the "here's a theme, write a short story/one-shot about it" kind I think, though I do also find your idea to be pretty cool, Ace.

I have to say I like FullMoon's idea better, but I would so love for the quiz game to come back too, AT.

As I said, the quiz would be around, but we would make it a Monthly Challenge thing where we can alternate between what we do and what we offer people. People like the Quiz but we have gotten very limited responses for it in the past, so thats why I want to add some more fun things into the mix.

late-night thoughts with Ely inspired by this post chain from forever ago / Mega-Slowbro

what if johto team rocket were good guys all along
and they were cutting off slowpoke tails to prevent the future murder of shellder during slowpoke evolution/slowbro mega-evolotion
:eek:oooo

In other news, monthly themed contests sound cool. Or quizzes too! can I still claim my prize from quiz 1

late-night thoughts with Ely inspired by this post chain from forever ago / Mega-Slowbro

what if johto team rocket were good guys all along
and they were cutting off slowpoke tails to prevent the future murder of shellder during slowpoke evolution/slowbro mega-evolotion
:eek:oooo

In other news, monthly themed contests sound cool. Or quizzes too! can I still claim my prize from quiz 1

Drop me a line and we can sort it out :)

As I said, the quiz would be around, but we would make it a Monthly Challenge thing where we can alternate between what we do and what we offer people. People like the Quiz but we have gotten very limited responses for it in the past, so thats why I want to add some more fun things into the mix.

Oh, I understand! I mean, I noticed myself that the quiz wasn't getting much attention, and there certainly needed to be something to change that. :p

Are people burying my story on purpose? Because it's a bit curious that EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TIME I post a new chapter, six other topics just seem to coincidentally get comments later that day. If you have a problem with my story, ​SAY IT TO MY FACE.

Are people burying my story on purpose? Because it's a bit curious that EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TIME I post a new chapter, six other topics just seem to coincidentally get comments later that day. If you have a problem with my story, ​SAY IT TO MY FACE.

Dude. Chill.

People comment on stories whenever they have time. That time is usually later in the evenings, when people in America - Europe time zones (where most of our users are from) don't have work/school/lives to live. That's around when you post chapters. And, like, people are allowed to comment on whatever stories they want? Also, your story's still on the first page. Burying is probs second-page+ level, because after you aren't the most recent link (and thus visible from the main forum page), the top ten-ish slots on the first page probably get around the same visibility because of how screens work.

I mean, that, or there's one big conspiracy to put down One Big Conspiracy, which is practically worth it for the name alone.

But if we had enough time to organize a secret, massive, intra-Writer's Workshop coup with nearly everyone here, we'd probably have time to, like, actually update our own stories. Which we don't. Hence the lack of new chapters lol.

tl;dr: no we aren't that petty jesus who do you think we are

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

our logo

Alright. I'm calm, I took my meds, s'cool. Sorry, I'm usually really on edge when I haven't, and it doesn't help I just stopped playing TF2. Also, am I the only one who thinks this new way of writing posts sucks?

Wait didn't we have a meeting this thursday?

I wouldn't know. Thursdays in the summer, I'm usually watching SmackDown on /wooo/tube. Y'all should come over sometime, it's great.

Back
Top Bottom