• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Wow. Thought I'd check in on my FanFiction.net viewership stats today, and... let's just say, not updating for over a month on that site really ain't good for business... Starting to wonder if I should just pause the rewrites on 8ES for now and get a new chapter out there.

Oh yeah, I remember when Storm Island was being uploaded to FF.net. I think it got up to chapter ten then sorta got forgotten about. Oh well.

Just checked, five reviews and most of them bitching about punctuation. No views in the past year. :p

Good lord, I haven't had time to really read or write since I signed on aboard the ship, especially with all this crazy transition "growing pains" period. I'm doing to best to make the most of what little time I have, but it's only so much time. I'm still kind of astonished that two months have already passed since I left home; the days just kind of blend together after a bit, and a week feels like so little time.

Wow, it has been over a month since I have posted anything not related to the Awards. This is officially the Summer of Inactivity for me. Anyways, I'm back y'all. This summer has been flying by.

Welcome back Vivillon! Now pay the freakin' bills before they're late again ya lazy bum.

On an unrelated note, I'm thinking of dropping the JonTron gimmick and going with a different theme. What say you guys?

BEHOLD!

[video=youtube;S7HIkm5nBnQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7HIkm5nBnQ[/video]

I should totally do a goblin theme, but then I'd have to wait half a year at minimum just to get this name back. :( And the world needs more Leaf. She's so unloved compared to everyone else.

Also, I just finished writing a rough draft for a mini series (six chapters so far) that's set after the events of Storm Island, where Andrea is one of 120 bright minds chosen to live in a flying city set in the clouds. Unfortunately I can't refine and release it, because the main plotline would be pretty spoiler heavy for one of the biggest reveals I'm looking forward to within the next 20 chapters of Storm Island.

Last edited:
Y'know what sucks when you plan out your lore for a fanfic really well and integrate it to the series?

When they release a new game that pretty much renders the effort moot. :I

Also, I just finished writing a rough draft for a mini series (six chapters so far) that's set after the events of Storm Island, where Andrea is one of 120 bright minds chosen to live in a flying city set in the clouds. Unfortunately I can't refine and release it, because the main plotline would be pretty spoiler heavy for one of the biggest reveals I'm looking forward to within the next 20 chapters of Storm Island.

I know the feeling. I've had ideas for a possible Long Walk sequence for a while, none of which I can discuss. Speaking of which, regular readers, sorry about the delay with Chapter Twenty. I am working on it as much as I can

Y'know what sucks when you plan out your lore for a fanfic really well and integrate it to the series?

Storm Island started out like that, but we stuck to our guns for the most part. Readers may notice a complete lack of any Pokemon past Gen IV making an appearance until I took over as the only writer. Even then, I'll still minimize anything past Gen IV to foreigners visiting the island.

Just stick to what you wanted, maybe let people know that your story is frozen in time between two iterations?

Storm Island started out like that, but we stuck to our guns for the most part. Readers may notice a complete lack of any Pokemon past Gen IV making an appearance until I took over as the only writer. Even then, I'll still minimize anything past Gen IV to foreigners visiting the island.

Just stick to what you wanted, maybe let people know that your story is frozen in time between two iterations?

Naw, I've reworked it in order to both let me keep the beef of the Verse Lore while giving room for the Game Lore to be expanded upon by remakes and sequels. Plus, I figure it'll make events like "Impact", where a meteor hit the Pokémon World a few decades ago, have more... well, impact, since unlike the original they had no real defence against it.

I honestly don't have that problem. Not every single Pokemon ever is going to appear in one story, so I really don't think about it. For example, the reason so few Gen. VI Pokemon are in OBC is because I didn't actually play Gen. VI until this June. I also might try incorporating Fakemon (particularly my own and those from the Smogon Create-A-Pokemon project) into later stories.

I planned my universe quite tightly up to Gen V, and then had some difficulty when Gen IV came out. Rather than work out ways to include a sixth region and round of stories into my world, I used some of what was already in my world and adapted it around Kalos, destroying the region and making my world just a tad richer. I think with this sort of stuff you need to be willing to adjust your story when possible and go back and edit if you must, but it can be beneficial to the story if you use it correctly.

You're never going to believe what I found at Trevose Head yesterday:

IMAG0120.jpg

I did not assemble that myself

Somehow, Beth, I feel that writing One Big Conspiracy angered the Illuminati.

So, what's happened around here? It seems like chatter has pretty much died over the past month or so, compared to six or seven months ago. I want to start conversations, but I never have anything interesting to talk about, so I guess I'm contributing to that in some way.

I could give another journal entry about ship life and how time really is a luxury.

Seriously though, I've tried doing some writing at night when I have "some" time, only to realize how tired I am from the work day,and promptly fall asleep.

Even despite that, I've still managed to make some headway on the next chapter, and an update will hopefully be coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom