• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Equinox: Yeah, I got an answer as to why, I guess I have a short temper today

So did people use the break in forum activity to get a lot of writing done?

Ehh ... sorta. I haven't been having a lot of luck getting much Long Walk done this past week. I have no idea why, my imagination just hasn't been up to scratch

EDIT: Ok, so apparently we've lost mentions

I'm having a lot of trouble with this latest 8ES chapter and it's really bugging me. It's quite chatty but not in the back and forth way I generally prefer, plus I've got to include a bit of action and world building as well so it's slowing things down. I hope to have it up soon though. First draft nearly done.

I don't believe this. The new forum has a 10,000 character limit on posts. Which means I now can't edit my old chapters to correct the links that are broken because the forum changed. What does 10,000 characters even look like, anyway? Is that even a decent chapter's worth?

Answer - about 2,000 word's worth

Edited because I ought to calm down a bit

Last edited:
I don't believe this. The new forum has a 10,000 character limit on posts. Which means I now can't edit my old chapters to correct the links that are broken because the fucking forum changed. What does 10,000 characters even look like, anyway? Is that even a decent chapter's worth?

Yeah, that means I'm not going to be able to post, either. My chapters are far longer than 10,000 characters. How can it be fixed?

So did people use the break in forum activity to get a lot of writing done?
Not much writing, but a whole lot of planning. Season 2 of Storm Island was supposed to only be 13 or 14 chapters long, but with a change of plans it's now stretching towards 31. And that's if I don't find any reasons to stop and smell the flowers along the way.

And with this new character limit, Storm Island's table of contents can't be updated... I guess it can wait a few days, I'm sure it'll be sorted. Otherwise one of the bigger sections is going to die, and I doubt the administration wants that.

Not much writing, but a whole lot of planning. Season 2 of Storm Island was supposed to only be 13 or 14 chapters long, but with a change of plans it's now stretching towards 31. And that's if I don't find any reasons to stop and smell the flowers along the way.

And with this new character limit, Storm Island's table of contents can't be updated... I guess it can wait a few days, I'm sure it'll be sorted. Otherwise one of the bigger sections is going to die, and I doubt the administration wants that.

Here's hoping. And by the way, Kim, that banner's pretty damn good

Yes. I won't deny that this forum move has been nothing but aggravating though. Halfway through fixing broken links in my table of contents, the editor decides to stop working, and for no obvious reason I can't post a new blog either

Not having the best time myself. So the first thing I notice is that I have no idea what my old password was, but that was easily fixed. Haven't found out how to change the forum skin yet, but hopefully that won't take too long. More to the point, though, I've lost my pawprint!

I imagine the forum skins will take some time. The old forums were vBulletin, this one is... I forget what, but it's on the main page somewhere. I can say with 100% certainty that they're not a copy and paste job, because vBulletin does them very strangely if past experience still holds true.

These new forums are interesting. I quite like the bar on the right on the main index page.

Le gasp! I am truly stunned by this. Welcome back! It has been a long time. Is it too soon to ask you to come back and judge the awards?
Careful! You might scare me away again. I won't be available to judge any time soon. During my year-long hiatus, I reorganized my lifestyle and my usage of the internet has dropped tenfold. Between a full time job, my kids and other hobbies, I certainly wouldn't have the time for it.

Back
Top Bottom