• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Sign me up for Judging! I have all of December and the first half of January as my confirmed vacation time.

I WILL have written new material of my own too, probably a lot actually. Though ship life doesn't give me a whole lot of time when I can sit down and write, there is nothing to stop me from hashing through ideas in my head and taking quick notes. So when I get home, between hanging out with all the friends and family I've missed, playing all the new video games I need to catch up on, and getting stupid drunk because I'll finally be allowed to (all of the above at once really, multitasking, drunk video games with friends is always a great time) you can be sure I will be writing a whole slew of new stuff. I think I've got at least a few more chapters of content lined up, with at least rough outlines for the rest of the arc and story as a whole, and even some ideas for future follow-up material

Glad to have people onboard! It should be a fun round this time. I can't wait to see what stories make it through this time.

I've begun to regret creating a number of plotlines in Galactic around numerous characters owning members of an Eevee family. It seemed like a great idea at the time, but then again, so did blowing everything up.

Last edited:
So I got a new book the other day, and I thought I'd post a quick first impressions review, since it's a writing guide of sorts. Body Trauma: A Writer's Guide to Wounds and Injuries - the short version is, it's useful, but doesn't quite achieve what it sets out to do.

The book is supposed to be a guide to writing more realistic injuries, along with with the effects and recovery times of trauma. The first half of the book is devoted to talking about first responders, paramedic care, then hospital and the operating theatre. The second half then deals with talking about different kinds of injuries to different organs and how they're treated.

On the good side, most of this information would be a bitch to find elsewhere. The language is distinctly medical, but you can tell it has been written trying to bear in mind the kinds of details that would be useful to writing a story. The problem is that the author approaches describing injury from the perspective of a doctor - in other words, examining the effects of an injury to determine the causes. There are a lot of terms for treatments that aren't really explained, so in effect you have a lot of starting points for further research rather than a complete guide in itself.

I'm pretty sure the book is out of print, since I could only find it for a reasonable price on abebooks. My use for this is rather limited, but if I were writing a more violent story I'm pretty sure it would be a useful reference that would save a lot of fruitless Googling

How about The Writer's Guide to Conspiracies and Theories Surrounding Them? That could've helped me. Or The Writer's Guide to Making People Give a Shit About Your Characters.

Aaaaah! What the h**l?! I leave for a couple of days and everything's changed! Where's my Pikachu avatar? ;A;

But seriously, how are you guys?

I'm imagining a bearded Josh with a torn shirt and glistening muscles, biceps as big as his head, blasting away at a horde of zombies with a minigun. A comically large-breasted Eve swoons at his feet.

This is what you've been building towards, I just know it. You can't deny your love of over the top action, violence, and hyper-sexualization forever.

I'm imagining a bearded Josh with a torn shirt and glistening muscles, biceps as big as his head, blasting away at a horde of zombies with a minigun. A comically large-breasted Eve swoons at his feet.

I suspect Eve would end up as something rather more Hideo Kojima

Anyway, you're wrong. The Long Walk After Dark is a gritty cop drama on the streets of Jubilife City, where with gritted teeth they do what they hafta do to get justice.

What about the rest of our fics? One Big Conspiracy After Dark would probably be in an alternate timeline where the Illuminati are already in complete control.

Storm Island After Dark would likely be the characters at a comedy club cracking terrible, offensive jokes. Kimberly the Prude would certainly have the most loathsome ones.

Flames of a Revolutionary After Dark would likely be a Nordic Noir in an alternative reality, with a anti-hero detective in the main role trying to solve some murders (Yeah, Nordic Noir is grim).

In other news, we Danes just voted no to adopting EU rules regarding Europol. Not much we can do now but wait and see the reaction from the in the rest of EU.

Last edited:
Hey all,

So after a grand multi-year hiatus I'm back and worse that ever. Life has been productive and I'm very glad I've gotten to a place in my life where I can return to writing leisurely. I would love to hear what yawl have been up to if anyone wants to exchange hostages. ;)

Back
Top Bottom