• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Galactic Afternoon would be about a group of trainers who are simply travelling and on their journeys, and keep conveniently leaving every city/town/route before it gets destroyed.

Just realised that a chapter I thought was posted within the eligibility time frame is actually three days outside of it. There go two characters I was hoping to nominate.

Just realised that a chapter I thought was posted within the eligibility time frame is actually three days outside of it. There go two characters I was hoping to nominate.

Gotta keep updating, yo

Speaking of which, one thing I do like about this new forum is that I don't have to go through each chapter putting all the italics back in before posting. It's amazing what a difference in time that makes

Nothing quite puts me in the holiday spirit like the winter awards. Seriously. It's kind of weird.

Speaking of which, one thing I do like about this new forum is that I don't have to go through each chapter putting all the italics back in before posting. It's amazing what a difference in time that makes

I saw some other people say the same thing. For some reason though, I never had that problem with the old forums. The italics showed up automatically. On this one, it adds an extra space between paragraphs for some reason, which is fun to go through and fix.

The worst part about the new forum is the fact that they carried over the whole userbase, even the old, inactive accounts. Most notably, that dickhole "Aether" who made an account in 2005 and never posted or got back on since. I'll have this stupid X appended to my name forever :'(

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I have no idea how to forum and why are all my links wrong and grahhhhh what is this layout back in my day we didn't have this shit *shakes cane*

Nothing quite puts me in the holiday spirit like the winter awards. Seriously. It's kind of weird.

The worst part about the new forum is the fact that they carried over the whole userbase, even the old, inactive accounts. Most notably, that dickhole "Aether" who made an account in 2005 and never posted or got back on since. I'll have this stupid X appended to my name forever :'(

The awards always remind me how little I've updated. I haven't posted a single First Warriors or Galactic chapter this year :/

And you could always message one of the top folk and ask about it. Though I like the X, idk why.

That's why I write out my chapters with the bbcode tags in them. It's easy enough to get rid of them if I need to post elsewhere.

Gotta keep updating, yo

ftr there was an option in the old forums that allowed WYSIWYG(what you see is what you get) editing. Wasn't the default but it was there.

Okay, back to lurking. Still like seeing this activity : )

Okay, back to lurking. Still like seeing this activity : )

Activity here always seems to come in quick waves, I've noticed, and I usually turn up a little late, after everyone else has gone. Story of my life, seriously.

Heh, anyway, update: I swear this time I will finish my chapter and upload something today. No, I actually will this time. I know I've been saying this the past couple of days, but this time I'm absolutely serious. Stop giving me that look. I honestly will get something done today.

I want to read some fics so I can start nominating for the Winter Awards, but I've been gone for so long so wHeRe ShOuLd I sTaRt?

I want to read some fics so I can start nominating for the Winter Awards, but I've been gone for so long so wHeRe ShOuLd I sTaRt?

Depends what you like. My own The Long Walk is a character-driven journeyfic. Storm Island if you really like worldbuilding, Unpredictable maybe, {some rise by sin} is set in a post-apocalyptic Johto, er ... Wind and Rain is a surprisingly readable scriptfic. A Sine of Things to Come. That's off the top of my head

Holy sodding hell, that took my time. Though apparently forbidding oneself from having lunch until you've finished the chapter is a good motivator. I should try this more often.

So, is there any rule for not posting stuff during Awards, or am I okay at the moment?

Holy sodding hell, that took my time. Though apparently forbidding oneself from having lunch until you've finished the chapter is a good motivator. I should try this more often.

So, is there any rule for not posting stuff during Awards, or am I okay at the moment?

I believe I'm right in saying that if you want to nominate your work, you'd have to post it now. Aside from that, if it goes through to judging you won't be able to edit it until the end of the Awards

Back
Top Bottom