• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Rather jealous here, since I have maybe 500 or so words left of Twenty Two and they're just not coming
See, I used to pump out a minimum of eight pages a week in the old days. Before the Dark Times. Before the Empireleaving high school. Back then, that was two chapters a week, and I posted them every Tuesday and Thursday. Of course, that pace lasted all of, like, eight weeks, but even before and after that I had a pretty good output. So this almost feels like a return to my glory days lol.

Y'know what? I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna write that journeyfic I was thinking about months ago but never followed through on. And since it'll take place in Unova pre-RBYRSE, expect to see a lot of late-90s and early-00s stuff. I mean, it'll technically be taking place in the mid-00s, but still.

Is it bad that I really want to read this series, even though I have a million other fics to catch up on already?
Let's just say it sort of runs afoul of Rule 34 and Sturgeon's Law. Y'know, the type of thing that gives the adult demographic a bad name.

What, as in melodrama and chewing the scenery ;)
Chewing, chomping, devouring even. Give us 500 words of bite marks! The more tears the better. You can never have too much emotion, right? ...Right?

Also, question for people, how do you link to specific posts, like for a table of contents? I'm an idiot and can't figure it out myself.

Chewing, chomping, devouring even. Give us 500 words of bite marks! The more tears the better. You can never have too much emotion, right? ...Right?

Also, question for people, how do you link to specific posts, like for a table of contents? I'm an idiot and can't figure it out myself.
Each post has an assigned number in its thread. Click it. (Look on the right side; this posts's number is 11567)

Yeah, I did. Kinda hard to believe we lost Scott Weiland, Lemmy, and Bowie in the span of roughly one month.

I know that pain. I'm sitting on a completed eight chapter sequel to Storm Island that I might never get to release, since it would heavily spoil the story :(

Heh, I still have sequels for FE: Dawn of Darkness, Zelda: The Ancient Power, and Super Luigi planned. I also feel bad for never starting that Keldeo story I had in mind though. It was a New Year's resolution from last year. Though I had...stuff happen later in the year that put a dent in my writing progress, I still don't think it's enough of an excuse. This year though, I'll definitely do my best to keep to that resolution. At this point though, I'd probably be better off finishing Super Luigi first. It's fairly close to completion.

Well, I did finish my main story back in January 2014 (the 15th, which I remember exactly because I fainted that morning, therefore giving me the time off to finish). But it was terrible, so a rewrite was necessary. That rewrite was supposed to be pretty quick, mainly replacing the early-mid chapters with new ones using my somewhat-improved abilities, before just copying over the ending chapters from the original. Then of course I got a little better again, and the quality of those ending chapters was too low, so I'd have to rewrite everything. That's saying nothing of the fact I ended up completely redesigning the plot and a good portion of the characters, new characters ended up in important roles, replacing older ones, et cetera. It's not really comparable to the first one anymore, though it still has a very long way to go. But anyway, an extended bout of the dreaded writer's block brought that to a stop towards the end of summer last year.

Incidentally, I am going to have to rewrite that again, once I've finished it, since I don't like how a lot of it ended up working out. It'll be more minor this time though, reordering some stuff, getting more and more varied interactions between different characters, and changing how I set up the plot are the main things to change. So hopefully the second rewrite will be final and won't take years on end. I've a sequel planned for that too - hopefully I'll not be rewriting that one over and over.

In the meantime of course, I was meant to be doing that short prequel story that I could post here and get feedback. But we all know how well that went...

I still barely know what's going to happen in this next chapter I'm writing. I'm no good at planning. Maybe I'll have it done in another six months.

Back
Top Bottom