• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Does anyone else get super excited when they think of a title for their story? I've just come up with one for my Arnold Adiem story and I'm uber pleased

Does anyone else get super excited when they think of a title for their story? I've just come up with one for my Arnold Adiem story and I'm uber pleased

If anything, I dread having to come up with chapter titles. All of my chapters are named after songs (or lyrics), and being unable to think of a suitable title just... pisses me off to no end. I still don't have one for chapter five of My Way.

I used to do a lot of puns that, looking back, weren't very funny at all. I actually used lyrics from one song to name all the chapters in the latest arc of Eight Easy Steps. I don't want to say which one as I'd rather people guessed :p

I just hope I don't run out of electrical puns and wordplay for the story's chapter titles before I run out of content.

@Kimberly Prescott: Cats are bastards. Mother's tabby already tried to bully the oldest black cat to death and now she's turned to the other one. She always flees when she sees me since I'm quite prepared to kick her arse if I catch her at that

I have a devil of a time coming up with chapter titles. The Girl From Goldenrod City was a mildly clever last minute one, but that really was last minute

I haver very cheesy titles xD; I rarely think up of really clever titles and honestly titles are kind of the thing I think up on the spot and prefer to spend less time on, however, it's because of this that at times I end up changing titles from the one I mention on the preview of the last chapter and the one that's in the actual one.

I generally struggle when it comes to chapter titles. Hell, I'm not even certain I want to use them in my fic. Besides, I haven't really settled on a name for the fic in general yet.

Sorry for kinda disappearing again, I'd ended up getting sorta busy in the past couple weeks or so. But I'm here now! I also have a finished TAP chapter and my co-author was able to get his computer fixed, but I still have to wait my turn for him to look at it, as he's been keeping a couple other folks waiting as well. But in the meantime, I'm trying to get a new Super Luigi chapter going.

My gods, I am terrible at titles. I've recently trying to give titles to each chapter, unlike in my original story which didn't have any, but so far, I've come up with nothing remotely interesting. I will probably turn to puns, they might be my only hope of salvation.

And on the same note, none of my stories actually have names yet either. Couldn't think of anything that didn't either sound cheesy or just insufficiently on topic.

The very thought of asking that question out loud jolted me out of my half-asleep state and I lowered my hand before the professor saw me.

Best response if you were seen? "Sorry, I was just stretching."

I usually enjoy thinking of titles, but I try not to worry about it too much. Sometimes it's just not possible to find that one perfect title that fits so well. I want titles for my work, but I figure it's not worth stressing over.

Plus, if needed, there's always the old standby of "Chapter # - Where x does y, resulting in z".

I don't have much trouble coming up with chapter titles. Sometimes it takes me a little while to think of one, but I always manage. :p

Back when I was writing a Dragon Ball fanfic, I had planned out titles like that (it's a very common convention with anime), but I ended up shortening them all.

Generally, I either don't name my chapters, or I go with simple but descriptive titles. "The Usurper of the Dead" refers to Set's entrance into Stainless Steel, for example.

Or, y'know, you can name your chapters after song titles. When I move to writing for Desolate Lands, I plan on naming each chapter after an old Country song, to fit with the "Wild West" theme.

Naming chapters has been rather interesting in my latest project, since they all follow a rather strict theme. (Must start with "Un") I'm worried about not being able to continue it throughout th story, but, eh, we'll have to see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom