• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I had the most bizarre dream...

In it, an English friend and I were living together in an apartment, and it was the day of his United States citizenship test. The trouble was, neither of us were capable of driving. He told me he called a friend, who would pick us up shortly. Fast forward a bit and his friend shows up in a stolen commercial airliner, which she had driven from the airport all the way to our place, pancaking traffic all along the way. We managed to get the plane all the way to the location of his citizenship test without getting arrested, but the authorities found us while his test was being administered.

I wish I could remember what I had for dinner last night, so I can avoid it and never have such a strange dream again.

edit: Oh, hoping for a D/P remake. Granted, I think my Pokemon days are done, as I don't see myself getting a 3DS anytime soon...

I don't think it'll be a DP remake, while it has been 10 years since DP first came out (wow time flies by) they kind of have waited till like the gens that make up twice of what they were before doing a remake, with the exception of gen I of course, GSC were remade in Gen IV when they originally came out in Gen II and RSE were remade in Gen VI when they originally came out in Gen III granted both of the game's remake also kind of coincided with their 10 year anniversary (though ORAS came out two years after RSE's anniversary)

They've been filed, which could mean anything. I'm refusing to speculate, frankly, lest I be completely exhausted by the time whatever game it is gets released
The logos being filed is pretty conclusive, although it doesn't necessarily mean that's what we're getting this Direct. I certainly hope that they aren't announced there; I don't want Gen VII until next year at the earliest.

I don't think that trademarking just come out of thin air in this time of the year where then at the end of the day nothing major happening. This is ridiculously impossible.

And, isn't it stated that trademark filed with OHIM are all used without exception?

So despite that final result is still unknown, the answer is just obvious. That's why it is "half" officially confirmed.

I don't doubt that we're getting Pokemon Moon and Sun, I just strongly doubt (or rather, hope) that they're being filed for use a little later on. It's too early for Gen VII, IMO.

I don't think it'll be a DP remake, while it has been 10 years since DP first came out (wow time flies by) they kind of have waited till like the gens that make up twice of what they were before doing a remake, with the exception of gen I of course, GSC were remade in Gen IV when they originally came out in Gen II and RSE were remade in Gen VI when they originally came out in Gen III granted both of the game's remake also kind of coincided with their 10 year anniversary (though ORAS came out two years after RSE's anniversary)

I'm still certain the new game's gonna be an X/Y remake.

tfw you want to pick your pokemon fic back up but you left all of your notes for it back home five hours away in austin

The twitter account that announced the new games is a parody/fake Nintendo account. The games could be real, but the initial source is a fake and could simply be tapping into the hype that comes before a Direct.

It seems kinda risky to file domain names and trademark registrations the day before you launch a product. Sure, it could have been leaked, but people would have to be looking for the registrations in the first place. Idk, we'll have to wait and see until tomorrow. At any rate I'm budgeting for the limited edition 2DS :p

Man, those look so sick. I'd almost buy one myself, but my 3DS XL is going strong.

On a tangentially related note, does anyone know if trademark filings are susceptible to magnets like iron filings are?

Remember when they filed the Pokken trademark a while back? It was well before the actual game was even announced. We might hear about Sun and Moon on the Direct, but it's just as likely they'll show up way down the line. Either way, I'd bet they're legit.

@Misheard Whisper: Ask @kintsugi our resident magnets expert.

Remember when they filed the Pokken trademark a while back? It was well before the actual game was even announced. We might hear about Sun and Moon on the Direct, but it's just as likely they'll show up way down the line. Either way, I'd bet they're legit.
That's my best-case scenario, since as I've mentioned it still feels too early to jump onto the Gen VII hype train.

I hope if they are legit, they do get announced tomorrow, because if it's going to be a new system I am not buying a 2DS for two games
I doubt they'd announce games for a new system before announcing the system itself, and a Pokemon-focused Direct seems like an odd place to announce a new console - logic would dictate they make such an announcement on a platform which would allow them to announce as wide a variety of launch titles as possible.

Back
Top Bottom