• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I might actually get a DS and jump back into the games. Haven't owned a Pokemon game since waaay back in the day, Gold version.

Yellow was mine. I think I intended to get Blue - to this day I can't remember why I changed my mind

unnbgkdbmsszmazgxkmr.jpg

Ruby was my first. I was old to just be starting Pokémon. FireRed and LeafGreen had already come out.

Lugion's plot bunnies:
1. Stainless Steel-related one-shots featuring characters like Gabby and Ty, the Champion, Archie and Maxie, etc.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Essence of Light (working title)
3. Transformers: Schism, an ASOIAF-inspired retelling of the beginning of the war on Cybertron
4. The Ocean and the Moon, a sort of fable I won't be posting here

And every now and then, I get the urge to revisit old fanfics of mine

Blue was technically my first, but I didn't get to play it till Ruby and Sapphire were already out, so Emerald was my first concurrent game - which means I completely missed Johto until HGSS came out.

Blue was technically my first, but I didn't get to play it till Ruby and Sapphire were already out, so Emerald was my first concurrent game - which means I completely missed Johto until HGSS came out.
Gold and Silver weren't stellar, so you didn't really miss out on much. Gen III was when Pokemon really became fun to play for me, so I still consider it "my" Gen, and I still contend that it's when Pokemon really started hitting its stride in terms of gameplay.

I had an idea last night that the new games could have been BlueMoon and RedSun (or the other face around), and it would be the Kanto games 20 years later: Team Rocket's come back, Red's Champion, a proper sequel to celebrate the anniversary. Personally, I think that would be more intriguing plot wise than just another new region, villain, 100 or so Pokemon.

Red was my first. I'm one of those annoying people who think the nostalgia of Red and Blue when they first came out was incredible and Gen 1 is superior. #thereare151

Pokemon RBY are in the E-shop now, but they cost $17.00 each . . . what the hell. I was willing to splash out for the usual virtual GBC price of $6-8, but this is ridiculous. :S They have me over a barrel though, cos I want to play Gen I and bring them forward to MS...

I do think Gen I has the most consistent group of Pokemon overall - they are all fairly tame designs and there isn't a lot you can get angry about. However, the ambition of Gen III onwards is much more impressive, and I think Kanto would be a lot better if given a cooler storyline

I personally value ambition over consistency - I love Pokemon with complex designs and complicated origins.

I dunno, a lot of the Gen I Pokemon seemed flat out boring to me. Like what the hell is Lickitung? It's a pink . . . thing. With a tongue. Very 90s JRPG, I guess. I do shake my head a little at stuff like Klefki and Garbodor, but for the most part I think they've done pretty well with the Pokemon designs in the last three or four generations. Gen III and IV were the sweet spot for me in many ways, Pokemon design being just one of them, but I've recently come to appreciate Gen VI more than I did previously.

I used to think as a kid that Lickitung's tongue would work very nice for dish washing. Never considered the downside of that idea...

Pokémon Yellow was my first Pokémon game and decision was entirely based on seeing the anime for the first time.

I think we all know the king of the jungle is the best Pokémon there is...

For every fan that lambasts a pokémon as boring or unoriginal or ugly, there's another that thinks precisely the opposite

Or that most frustratingly vague of adjectives: "overrated"

Like what does that even mean? For example, I once heard someone say Flareon was the most overrated Eeveelution. How can it be overrated if no one rates it highly in the first place? It's basically just a condescending way of saying "I don't like this thing as much as some people."

Anyway, you're all wrong. Farfetch'd is objectively the best Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom