• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Cracked has been nonsense for years now. Even back when they were good, it was more for entertainment than edification.

I'm kind of wondering why I still read any of the articles, to be honest. The columnists just as bad with The Lord of the Rings, apparently basing their comments on watching the films once, while drunk

It took me a while to find it too, since it's not under 'Edit Post' but rather 'Thread Tools'.

^This. Wasn't sure if it was a mod-only thing or what.

@Ice Tyrant I went ahead and changed that for you. If you ever need anything else like that done, feel free to shoot one of the section mods a PM (or "Start a conversation" as it's called now :p).

New forum UI is confusing af :p

Briefly returning conversation to RPG rulesets: If you guys haven't heard of Numenara, check it out. It's written by the guy who did D&D 3.5 (Monte Cook). Far and away my favorite system I've played. Really cool world too, though it's not sword and horses fantasy. Your stats are divided between three pools: Might, Speed, and Intellect. Those pools act as your health, but you can also spend points from those pools as "effort" to reduce the DC of a task. Character creation is built around making characters that are unique and interesting to roleplay and tell a story with.

So, while hiking through endless switchbacks, my friends and I have discovered the optimal way to pass time: stupid spoilers. Basically, you just recap the last scene of a movie/book/TV series and people try to guess what it is. Highlights:

• "A man spins a top and then forgets about it."
  • "A girl climbs a giant rock to give a stick back to an old guy."
  • "A man eats lunch in Paris while an older man watches."
  • "A girl shoots herself in the head from across the room."
  • "Dogs try to chase a motorcycle and lose."
  • "A guy on a train station talks about how he's not in pain."
  • "Six friends eat Mediterranean food in some rubble."
Thought you guys might enjoy a monthly dose of Ely insanity lols.

So, while hiking through endless switchbacks, my friends and I have discovered the optimal way to pass time: stupid spoilers. Basically, you just recap the last scene of a movie/book/TV series and people try to guess what it is. Highlights:

• "A man spins a top and then forgets about it."
  • "A girl climbs a giant rock to give a stick back to an old guy."
  • "A man eats lunch in Paris while an older man watches."
  • "A girl shoots herself in the head from across the room."
  • "Dogs try to chase a motorcycle and lose."
  • "A guy on a train station talks about how he's not in pain."
  • "Six friends eat Mediterranean food in some rubble."
Thought you guys might enjoy a monthly dose of Ely insanity lols.
1. Inception
2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
3. The Dark Knight Rises

Can't say about the rest.

I've got a few of my own:
-"A teenage girl gives a shiny thing to an anthropomorphic frog."
-"A man drowns himself because he killed a lizard."
-"Brothers leave everyone they love behind... because."
-"The bigger lizard eats the little lizards, and the old man is sad."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom