• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Touche - you are still massively wrong, but fair point XD

So would people be interested if we did a Quiz based on vague spoilers from stories here?

XD

I mean, srbs did that all over the prologue, but maybe if people did stupid spoilers of their next few chapters or something?

I feel like a fair amount will either be "rocks fall everyone dies" or "two people look at food while continuing to tease at a relationship"

I was talking about spoilers from the end of stories. Though I can't tell if your trying to be sarcastic/funny or not

I'm being silly, though I may have given El an April Fools idea now

"two people look at food while continuing to tease at a relationship"

Aha, I know this one! Unpredictable

@kintsugi the quiz would be posting a list of vague spoilers, i.e. "Two friends have an accident after one of them makes a number of dick jokes", and people would have to go and work out which story it is and chapter, and then post the answers, i.e. "Eight Easy Steps, Chatper 36 (I think?)"

"A boy gets the fire kicked out of him by a grown man wearing his mother's drapes."

"A pseudoscientist is forced to buy EnergyPowder (cocaine, more or less) for the Scientists who work in a criminalized think tank."

AND HEY PEOPLE MY SSD DIED SO THE BANNERS ARE IN LIMBO???

Ugh god I can't stop watching the new Game of Thrones trailer.

Cleganebowl is coming. I can feel it.

Two things I took away from the trailer: Carice van Houten is not shy about showing her tits off AGAIN and there are apparently still Targaryen loyalists out there somewhere, and they're finally joining the mayhem. Still, my hopes aren't all that high. Season 5's trailer looked great, but that's because they cherry picked the only good things to come out of the entire season, the rest was trash. Let's hope they learned something.

Two things I took away from the trailer: Carice van Houten is not shy about showing her tits off AGAIN and there are apparently still Targaryen loyalists out there somewhere, and they're finally joining the mayhem..

I feel bad for Carice. She seems to get them out at least once a season and usually she doesn't need to. Just let her wear a shirt for once. Also, that picture is likely a flashback to one of the key events from before the books/show started. I can tell you more if you are interested. There are actually a lot of pro-Targaryen people in the books but most of them haven't transitioned to the show.

Ugh, the GoT show is such shit now. The showrunners have made it their bread and butter to just be as shocking and violent and sexually-charged as possible, and it's getting gratuitous, especially when they bring in scenes that never happened in the books (Ramsay raping Sansa for instance, which leads me to my next point about the show's ugly treatment of women in general). It's such a shame, since it started out so promisingly.

I really want to do something with Rayquaza, but my strict policy against including legendaries except under exceedingly special circumstances forbids it.

Game of Thrones lost me at season five, for more reasons than is seemly for me to go into. In short, George Martin knew what he was doing with the story, Benioff and Weiss (Along with the rest of the gaggle of executive producers) don't.

I've had an idea about doing something with Moltres, but there's simply nowhere in what I'm currently writing - or thinking of writing - to do that

Are there any Pokemon you guys really want to write about but haven't found a way yet? I've become rather drawn recently to Seaking and Kingler.

I've always really liked Seviper, but I can't think of anything creative to do with it other than "jumps out of a bush and scares the shit out of protagonist."

I'm willing to forgive the HBO crew for season five. Let's be real here, there's NO WAY a TV show could cover the breadth of the action of AFFC and ADWD without losing a lot of depth. Hell, even the books couldn't do that, which is why ADWD isn't the book in which Daenerys returns to Westeros, as had been planned from the very beginning. With all the various storylines coalescing (in both the show and the books), I have hope that the show will be able to... not horrendously mangle the material (lookin' at you, Dorne storyline). Even with all that, the HBO crew managed to pull of a great final three episodes of season 5 (Hardhome was genuinely great, though I wish Karsi had survived; The Dance of Dragons was pretty horrifying but ugh god I'd been waiting to see THAT SCENE for so long; and Mother's Mercy was also pretty good, though Cersei's walk kinda dragged).

Season five was definitely a disappointment and very problematic, but let's be real here, books 4 and 5 disappointed a lot of people too. By no means am I saying it's all on GRRM. After all, he didn't write Sansa reverting to a damsel in distress, nor Dornish women killing children and random people for no reason, nor Ser Loras being gay and nothing else. He did, however, write Sansa doing a whole lot of nothing, Brienne doing a whole lot of nothing, a particularly jarring addition in Young Griff, etc. It's a difficult part of the story, and I think season 6 and Winds will both be much more palatable. And just think... it could be much worse. It could be the last half of The Wheel of Time.

As for Pokémon I'd like to write about, well... I thought about putting Rayquaza in Stainless Steel for a while, but decided against it. I'd also like to write about Sceptile, Charizard, Lugia, Ho-oh, Samurott, Greninja, Lapras, Espeon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, and many more lol. Sceptile might get a cameo in SS though.

Back
Top Bottom