• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Hah.

I once received a letter that had "A Special Invitation" written on the front in excruciatingly poor penmanship. Turns out it was some weird deal/sale offer (for nothing good, of course).

Just a reminder that we are still looking for someone to help us make the banners for the awards. If anyone here is capable of putting images of Pokemon and text over a background we've already picked and making it look decent, that would be greatly appreciated.
I can try. Not sure if it'll be up to what Ark did for the last few seasons, but if you have a background that's half the work done for me. At the very least, I am capable of putting text and images over a background. d:

I can try. Not sure if it'll be up to what Ark did for the last few seasons, but if you have a background that's half the work done for me. At the very least, I am capable of putting text and images over a background. d:
Thanks for the offer - someone else got in first and we are working on it at the moment, but if we need any assistance I will let you know :)

Anyone have a character name you just can not avoid using? I was rereading the first few chapters of Storm Island in preparation for a quality-improving rewrite and I realized that I have four characters in this story alone by the name of Eliza. Nevermind the other three stories I'd partially written that featured a character by that name.

In case you missed them, the Winter Awards banners are now up and they look amazing - we should all shower @AetherX in praise for them so quickly and making them look good. Also, our new Fic of the Month is up as well so make sure you read that.

The Summer Awards is coming in just under two months people - if you haven't updated your stories in time, now's the time to get cracking!

Hmm, I don't think I ever have two or more characters with the same name. I tried to ignored naming characters with the same name as possible. Even if it in a different story.

A summer awards, gotta step up my game!

So here is something I don't understand: I have my story posted on PokeCommunity. It barely has any comments on it, but users would politely pm me telling me they like the story. I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate them actually personally coming up to me to tell me this, but why don't they also comment it in my story, that way I won't think nobody's reading it?

I find it a bit bizarre that people would consider reviews and discussion in their story thread "clutter". I mean, a few carefully placed links an any readers can skip right through all that to the next chapter.

The Summer Awards is coming in just under two months people - if you haven't updated your stories in time, now's the time to get cracking!

Aaargh, hell, I'm behind on my schedule again

I find it a bit bizarre that people would consider reviews and discussion in their story thread "clutter". I mean, a few carefully placed links an any readers can skip right through all that to the next chapter.

Hmm, that makes some sense now that you mention it.

I haven't quite gotten as far writing-wise as I wanted to be this close to the summer awards. Though I am balancing 4 stories (2 active, 2 not yet posted) and every writing session I seem to come up with more crazy plot ideas without even meaning to, so I guess I can forgive myself on the lack of actual updates.

You and your exploding buildings! *shakes fist*

I'm actually quite content with the progress I've made for this year's awards, which is a change from all previous cycles. I have no idea where this sudden and prolonged burst of inspiration came from, but I hope it never goes away. Today alone I've slammed down about 12k words, which usually takes a month to do.

I'm doing an article about a soap opera storyline for this local website, and I just realised I can write the line 'And then the building exploded' and it would fit in perfectly with what happened. Hallejuah!

That's because you wrote the story, isn't it, you cheat

So I'm hoping I might actually have something to present at the awards this time around... I know I said pretty much the same thing coming up to the winter ones and we know how well that went, but I'm currently looking at a workable schedule, and hoping to get a decent writing output at least. Not laying down too many commitments as to what will then happen with that writing, but there's a chance it may find its way here. I wouldn't recommend anyone hold their breath though.

Guilty as charged - I'm actually the head writer of Neighbours. I do it in my spare time when I'm not moderating - much easier to come up with storylines.

And actors! It doesn't matter if the the fellow has to shave off his stubble between takes, as long as he's dreamy enough he can totally play a sixteen year old twerp!

Back
Top Bottom