• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I feel the same way lol. Of course, I hadn't planned on dropping the show after last season.

I also love what they're doing with Sansa now, despite the logical leaps that got her there.

I used to think Scott Adams Dilbert was just a funny little satire, but after working under the umbrella of a large corporation, it's really sad just how much of it rings true. It's not my immediate managers and supervisors that land in this paradoxical corporate nonsense thank goodness (they're sensible practical theatre folk), it's not even most of the shipboard crew either. It's of course the senior management, thousands of miles away in the office, who seem to have no idea the needs of a cruise ship or the components that make one work, and make paradoxical catch 22 style demands of the vessels in their fleet in an atempt I guess to save face. In one particularly annoying subject: corporate hires the absolute cheapest contractors on the bid list to install new gear aboard the ship (after a far more reputable firm was lined up and then turned down for the bargain contractors), and wonders in shock why half the crap the contractors installed doesn't work or causes new problems we never had, and have the gall to try and claim it is the on board crew's fault. Corporate has also "graciously provided" items that no one on the ship has asked for, has no use for, has no means to maintain or operate effectively, and corporate seems dumbfounded and outraged when we aren't using the thing they gave us, as if we are somehow ungrateful for their benevolence. I've actually sat down at dinner with the ship's Captain and had this very discussion, and the captain couldn't agree more that corporate management is disastrously out of touch with their fleet.

Don't get me wrong, I like the work I do, just sometimes the fact that I'm under a corporation reeeeeally starts to show when upper executives start to think they know better and act like spoiled children.

So far I've missed every episode, despite having an HBO subscription. I told myself I wasn't going to watch it after the train wreck that was last season, but I've been hearing overwhelmingly positive remarks. I may have to reconsider.

Also, I'm a little amused that 'continued senseless murder' is one of your sticking points, considering it's practically the central pillar the rest of the story relies on :p

The first two episodes aren't that good, but the last two have really picked up the pace and we are finally seeing the story move alone after about two seasons. And on the second note, I mean murder that really serves no purpose. There was one death in this last episode that was so meaningless but also really frustrating. I think the writers just use sex and violence a lot since thats what the shows become known for as opposed to the quiet character interactions that made the first season so special.

The books are still better, but the show is doing a decent job at this moment in time.

I used to think Scott Adams Dilbert was just a funny little satire, but after working under the umbrella of a large corporation, it's really sad just how much of it rings true.
...[omitted; see original post]...
Don't get me wrong, I like the work I do, just sometimes the fact that I'm under a corporation reeeeeally starts to show when upper executives start to think they know better and act like spoiled children.

Yeah, sometimes, I feel the same way in my previous work, which was in a construction company. However, in my case it wasn't my boss or even anyone in my previous office (that was a really small company of 5 people at most), but an architecture firm who we contracted for. Unfortunately, they often had no idea just why some of their drawings were unbuildable - because 9 times out of 10, they haven't been properly taught construction as part of their architectural degree - which I too had to learn the hard way.

Well, I'd gone quiet because everyone was talking about Game of Thrones, which I'm not up to date with yet, not watched season 5 yet. Speaking of, does anyone know any good DVD-playing things for Windows 10? I've watched all the seasons so far on (legit!) DVDs, but since getting my new computer this has become a problem because Windows Media Player doesn't support DVDs anymore, and VLC Player, which I got as replacement, doesn't show subtitles for when people are speaking Valyrian and other funny languages.

Oh, well, there goes my time. I was just about to post this when suddenly the post arrived with my copy of Fire Emblem Fates. A day ahead of the official release, might I add. Well, be seeing you.

Edit: Well, that was a startling success. I was dead within the first hour. :)

Last edited:
I think my activity has declined because I've been writing so much. I'm really, really stuck on what to do with Storm Island next and I've been feverishly trying to find an interesting storyline for the next chapter. So far I'm on my 6th abandoned idea and I'm not so certain the next one will survive either.

Also, how the hell did WMP lose DVD support? DVD is still the dominant digital format, isn't it? I mean, bluray is catching on, but it's not that big yet, is it?

I've watched all the seasons so far on (legit!) DVDs, but since getting my new computer this has become a problem because Windows Media Player doesn't support DVDs anymore, and VLC Player, which I got as replacement, doesn't show subtitles for when people are speaking Valyrian and other funny languages.

The obvious solution here is to learn Valyrian.

My Windows Media Player still supports DVDs, but that might be because I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet (and really really don't want to.)

I do find it weird when people learn fictional languages from shows, like Klingon or whatever. What do they hope to achieve with it?

BTW, we still are potentialyl lacking in judges so if people want to sign up as spares please let me know.

Who likes Windows 10 here? I don't even like the interface of Win8, so I don't bother to upgrade to Win10, despite MS announced they can upgrade it for free for the users of Win7. Besides, I am worry about some compatibility issue because I have some old softwares where the producer didn't upgrade its product since XP era.

I'm still waiting like for a few more several years to see will MS do something about their Windows products. Or alternatively, until I find some replacement software that can replace my old softwares yet compatible with the newest Windows.

BTW, everyone that are Pokemon fans should knew Unown alphabets. There never lacks the Real-Life people communicate with each other using purely Unown alphabets.
【画像】学級日誌をアンノーン文字で提出した結果wwwwww:ぽけりん@ポケモンサン・ムーンまとめ

Hello all. It's been a while since I was last here, but I'm looking to get a bit back into Bulbagarden, and the Writer's Workshop always was my favourite place. Scanning down the side of this section I can see some of my old friends are still here, and I'm pleased to see that lots of new people are too.

I'm thinking about relaunching one of my old fics, and I'm going to do my best to read some things around here too, although my time seems to be coming at much more of a premium these days, so no promises on either front. Certainly I should have time to get involved in this subforum a little at the very least.

Anyway, the main point of this is that it's good to be back, and I hope you all are doing well.

Hey, Gama! I remember you! Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel, buddy. I've been trying to get back into it more myself, I recently returned from like maybe three different long absences. It started when I went through some horrible stuff last year in August. Then another awful thing happened in March. I couldn't really function like I used to for several months during this period. But I'm back now too, and everything is pretty much okay now. :)

So I'm glad I'm not the only one making a return! It's always great to see old faces come back. ^^

Yeah, I'm really glad things are better now. I wouldn't ever want anyone to go through what I had to go through. It was the worst experience ever.

Back
Top Bottom