• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Just to remind people, nominations are now properly open for the awards so you can start sending me in the stories and characters you want to move on to the voting round. We are currently very lacking in Expansion, Dark, Poetry/Short Prose and Pokemon, so if you know of anything that can go in there feel free to nominate!

Hey, AT, that's actually another reason for one of my nominations! Because it was a Pokemon character. :p

Well, I may not even be a part-time worker yet, but I'm still here. As it stands, currently still up for judging, all going well. Not sure what happened to the thread though.

I'm here, just being quiet and observing from a distance. As usual.

Also, moving onto my 9th idea for the next chapter of Storm Island. Fucking hell, I've never had this much difficulty writing something.

That may be. I'm tempted to release a few of the drafts, but they're very rough and unfinished (large chunks of empty space, placeholder names/descriptions everywhere), and even then some of them may be retooled into future chapters. You're right, though, I'm starting to think I need to find a dedicated beta reader of some sort.

To be honest, with my own writing I often find myself thinking, bugger this, and just publishing the chapter, reservations and all. The great thing about fanfiction is that you can always take the feedback to do a more targeted re-draft

I guess, but my difficulty is that I tend to abandon an idea before I get it to a publishable state. I try to see the writing on the wall; if I'm not having fun writing it, people probably won't have fun reading it.

I definitely was a lot more self-doubtful of my work before I got a beta reader. Even if they just pick up on the spelling and grammar issues, it is so much more reassuring to know that I haven't completely cocked it up, and then when people do provide feedback it makes it easier to digest rather than crashing and feeling like complete shit.

Well guys, I'm sorry to say I won't be participating in the nominations after all. Work, combined with going through a creative drought, has been really getting to me. But I will try to participate in the Winter nominations though.

@AceTrainer14; Wait, why is Popplio from Bubble Buddies in the Pokemon character category if Sylvia from Sylvia the Sylveon can't be there? I'm just trying to clear up some confusion, AT. I've read both stories, and both of these characters are main protagonists...

@AceTrainer14; Wait, why is Popplio from Bubble Buddies in the Pokemon character category if Sylvia from Sylvia the Sylveon can't be there? I'm just trying to clear up some confusion, AT. I've read both stories, and both of these characters are main protagonists...
Since Bubble Buddies is a very short one-shot I decided that Popplio was not a protagonist on the same lengths of the other nominees and in the short word count was much more of a general Pokemon.

Welp, I thought I'd be able to update at least one of my stories before the voting round ended, in case I make it through. But my laptop decided to die on me permanently today, and I won't be able to get the device to retrieve information off my internal hard drive till Wednesday. 8) Oh, well. $10 is worth it to not have to re-do several hours' worth of writing, and I forgot to back up some other less important stuff anyway.

Since Bubble Buddies is a very short one-shot I decided that Popplio was not a protagonist on the same lengths of the other nominees and in the short word count was much more of a general Pokemon.

Oh, okay, that makes more sense to me then. Thanks for clarifyimg.

Anyone have that problem where they all of a sudden become unbearably exhausted the second they sit down to do any writing? Between that and a lack of solid ideas, I'm almost tempted to say that some greater force is conspiring against me and telling me to stop being an author.

Back
Top Bottom