• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

It could be that in the past more people routinely owned and trained pokémon, and give the explanation that the modern world allows for fewer people to carry and train pokémon
Alternately, it's gone the other way: the creation of the Pokéball allowed for more people to carry and train Pokémon. I mean, I doubt someone would let their kid try and pick up a Tentacool to train, where as it's common place in the modern Pokémon world. I ponder that Pokémon training was a very dangerous trade that few Humans would pick up in the past, but some would and would look after them and their own. Chase off a pack of Houndoom harassing the local farmers, stuff like that. I can imagine Gyms originally being a place that taught those willing how to train and care for Pokémon and the badge was to signify that, yes, this one can look after the Pokémon they're claiming is theirs and it isn't a Wildmon that's wandered in.

Then, when Pokéballs came around, more and more people took to catching and raising Pokémon, as they had a handy-dandy safety device they could retract the Pokémon into if they started getting aggressive.

I could provide some consistency. Apricorns are required to make Kurt's Poké Balls, and Apricorns don't exist in Unova. Therefore, it's not a stretch to say that before the modern Poké Ball was invented, there were no Poké Balls at all in Unova, which is what Drayden meant. This is especially probable since there doesn't seem to be any way to mass produce Kurt's Poké Balls effectively, whereas a Poké Ball factory exists in Kalos.

Man, I loved Robot Wars. I should probably watch the new one, but I do not like Sir K's new design o3o

And Sir K is my favourite.

Yes, I named myself after the Welsh box on wheels that won the Second Wars.

I was always more of a Dead Metal fan myself. His design's not too different from the old series. As for the new show, it's great. Very different from the old one in terms of tone, though.

RIP Razer though ;_;

Sir Killalot was the coolest, though. It was always a treat when he got involved!

This is the new Sir K design. I'm honestly not impressed, I thought his knight look was cool as hell.

Speaking personally, Dead Metal's always been my favourite. True it doesn't really do much, other than maybe hold something over the fire - the saw mostly just makes sparks and looks scary. But I just really like that spiky look it has.

Oh gods, I'd forgotten that one! Classic.

So speaking of, can't say I really miss Refbot, but what happened to Sgt. Bash? I mean, his flamethrower was always more flashy than practical, but he was fun to have in the arena from time to time. It'll be a shame if he's gone forever now.

There was always that one bot - I forget the name - upholstered in pink polkadot fluff that always used to get torched by Bash as I recall
Nemesis?
latest

And I'm not sure what happened to Sgt. Bash. Perhaps he was considered just too expensive with the flamethrower, but you can't have him without the flamethrower.

Oh yeah, I remember that, didn't that team go for fur specifically because they didn't think fire would be a threat? Don't really see the advantages of being fluffy otherwise, though.

And I'm not sure what happened to Sgt. Bash. Perhaps he was considered just too expensive with the flamethrower, but you can't have him without the flamethrower.

It's possible, but they seem to have been willing to spend loads of all the other house robots, and their redesigns and that, and they do still have arena flamethrowers, so... yeah, don't know. Probably is either money, as you say, or some new safety regulations or something, maybe.

It was good for clogging circular saws up. I remember their second robot, Diotoir, actually managed to beat Tornado by clogging up their cutting disc and overheating it. As for Sgt. Bash, I don't see what he would really add. The flamethrower didn't actually do much and was outclassed by the flame pit, Dead Metal and Matilda have better cutting discs, and Sir Killalot has a better pincer.

Sgt. Bash has been with series since it began, so seeing him retired is a surprise. Plus, his flamethrower could be entertaining when used, such as aforementioned tussle with the Refbot. I would also like to see Refbot return, I thought he was okay and was a good way to let someone know they had been counted out since the match would carry on either way in order to keep the crowd entertained, as well as being useful in the event of an emergency, with his fire extinguisher and such.

I remember Robot Wars. I watched the British show when it aired on Danish television and that was a lot of fun to watch. I still remember Razer mutilating Matilda, that was something I didn't see coming back then.

I saw Suicide Squad today, why I'm even really sure now, but let's just say that I think most stories on here would make better movies than whatever that was meant to be.

Also, the Review Game has been stagnant for over two months now. While I could blame it all on @AetherX, which I generally do with most things privately to make myself feel better, really the awards sort of distracted us. If anyone would like to do a review and get one in return it's open season on that front!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom