• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

They could just be Steven Universe-ing it, where the Earth has the general appearance, but with a few noticeable differences in certain areas. North America might have a hole in it for all we know, considering Orre is apparently connected to an ocean in Pokémon XD while Pheonix Arizona is quite a way from the Pacific, same as Russia apparently detonated in the middle in Steven Universe.

The globe might have just been an oversight. Some guy doing map making was probably like "We'll just put some random props in here, uh, let's see... A tv, a book, a globe..."

Or possibly a clue to the next Generation's region. Game Freak has been known to tease such things in the past.

Oh god, I don't want to start the Pokedex descriptions up again, but bloody hell, they are really going overboard with these new Pokemon now. The profiles on the official website are so indepth, half of this stuff isn't even going to be relevant in the bloody games. Maybe they get the anime writers to come up with this stuff so they actually have plotlines. I mean, read Pallossand, it basically admits that it murders Pokemon and turns their souls into new sand-ghosts.

That's nothing new, Ace. Pokédex entries has always been like that, their purpose is to flesh out the creatures since day 1. They're never guaranteed to play a role ingame, but at the very least they keep them from being flat characters.

That's nothing new, Ace. Pokédex entries has always been like that, their purpose is to flesh out the creatures since day 1. They're never guaranteed to play a role ingame, but at the very least they keep them from being flat characters.
Yes, I am aware of that. I am commenting on how these ones feel particularly extravagant, unnecessary and overdone, and following up on the discussion from the last few days.

Anyone here watch the Godzilla films? And what're the thoughts on the new シン・ゴジラ Shin Gojira film?

Anyone here watch the Godzilla films? And what're the thoughts on the new シン・ゴジラ Shin Gojira film?
Haven't had the chance to see it yet, unfortunately.

I've seen a few thanks to @Lugion. My favorite is the original one. I'm excited for the new one if only for Anno co-directing it.
I didn't give you permission to @ me, Jan.

Well that was unexpected. I clicked the page and everything appeared and it took me a while to remember I haven't actually seen anything for about 24 hours XD How did everyone spend the break - venture outside, get some fresh air?

Last edited:
Are you kidding? -peaks outside, gets touched by sunlight and hisses-

No, I spent all 24 hours breeding.

Why? It was just a bit of work, really beyond changing the partners it was all pretty much automatic.

Oh quite, I've been doing this for months. It's quite enjoyable.

We're British, Beth. Sexual comedy was our film industry, but Carry On.

Back
Top Bottom