• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Woo! Go forth and let your drill pierce the heav... I mean, uh, good. That's good you're writing stuff. :D

So, in addition to my Pokémon-only fic, I have been wanting to write another Pokémon story with trainers I've already designed. Just gonna have to figure out how to describe their clothing... and general appearance, I guess.

Well well well, here's a stroke of luck. Looks like little Bethany's got tickets to Zelda Symphony at Symphony Hall next month

I haven't seen Zelda Symphony yet (and I was at school when Pokemon Symphony came to town), but live orchestras are absolutely amazing. I got to see a screening of Fellowship of the Ring last month with the Seattle Symphony playing the score live. Gave me chills.

Woo, Legend of Zelda! My tied for third favourite series! (Sonic the Hedgehog and Panzer Dragoon winning out against it, Pokémon tied with it).

Hey, what do you guys think of telling an entirely different story though backstory and flashbacks across several other stories?

Like, say, telling The Hobbit though bits and pieces throughout The Lord of the Rings and The Simarillion, but The Hobbit never got released and is instead told like "that dragon business Bilbo got caught up in", "we haven't seen this many dwarves in the Shire since 80 years ago", "Gandalf recalled the last time a Baggins travelled into a mine", etcetc. Except, y'know, done well.

I haven't seen Zelda Symphony yet (and I was at school when Pokemon Symphony came to town), but live orchestras are absolutely amazing. I got to see a screening of Fellowship of the Ring last month with the Seattle Symphony playing the score live. Gave me chills.

The Fellowship of the Ring is still among the greats of film music. I'd put it right up alongside anything John Williams has come up with

It's been a while since I was last at Symphony Hall - this'll be the first time among cosplayers. Kind of have mixed feelings about that kind of nerdishness, to be honest. On the one hand it is kinda fun, but I can't help but think that a bit of dignity now and again wouldn't kill us

That reminds me, wasn't there going to be at some point an orchestra dedicated to video game music here in Denmark playing Skyrim and Zelda etc.? I have to look it up.

Anyway, we got a new trailer for Pokémon Sun and Moon.

So how many of you was initially confused after seeing a specific Pokémon's name?

@Instrutilus Yeah, that seems like a good idea. Just do it well, as you said, and I think it could work. My advice would be to not put it in EVERY situation, but just enough.

Arceus, how many things are they throwing into this game? 'Ultra Beasts', ok then... And the fact there's now a Pokemon called 'Type: Null' is pretty weird even for this game.

Back
Top Bottom