• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Eh, there's a few of those around. I'd still be interested, but you need to make it stand out...

New PokéGens. Nice to see Episode 6 has stirred up the ol' Legendary Beasts are revived Eeveelutions debate.

I've been Wonder Trades, to empty out some boxes. There's a lot of Water-type Starters floating around.

Pun intended

Slightly Ocarina of Time heavy, perhaps. A really interesting arrangement of Dragon Roost Island, and a Ballad of the Goddess I'd pay a lot to own
I'm so jealous, honestly. I have the CD that came with Skyward Sword, but it only has a handful of tracks.

I've never been to a symphony concert. Always wanted to, though. Sounds like fun.

Granted, I haven't been to very many concerts at all really, and the ones I have been to have been decidedly of the heavy metal variety. Slipknot put on a damn good show last year. Getting super psyched to see Meshuggah this November. :D

I have to say, I am annoyed that this has been touring since 2011 and not even so much as an iTunes download is available. That's typical Nintendo, right there.

Shame that the live performance shows some of the cracks in the movements. Take the end of the Wind Waker Symphonic Movement (From the 25th Anniversary CD). Live, one solo violinist cannot hope to really make himself heard against the rest of the orchestra

You know, I can make rosters of stuff if anyone's interested.
ezgif-3138762923.png

Y'know what Pokémon annoys me? Shiny Lunatones. Because it's got blue eyes. As in "once in a blue moon."

I'm supposed to make the bad puns, damn it!

What annoys me is when the shiny pokémon is just a slightly different shade of whatever color it's supposed to be.

I'm looking at you, shiny Garchomp. >_>

Yeah, that's my point. It's like, if i have to do a side-by-side comparison to figure out what's different, it kind of kills the purpose.

I wonder how people intend to write Shinies into their stories and what transfers over. Like, would they actually shine? Or would the only difference be the alternate colouration?

I've used alternate colourations a fair bit - now I come to think of it, almost never the "shiny" palette - and pretty casually, at that. What's the scientific term now? Not polyphemic ... anyway, I neither use the term "shiny" nor the effect. I mean, really, outside of a greyscale game it don't make a whole lot of sense

I don't particularly plan on using shiny pokémon in my fic, mostly because I see it all the time in bad fan fiction, and I have grown averse to the whole thing.

I might use one at some point, but as I tell everybody else regarding shiny pokémon, I'll use it to impact the character or story in some way. Having a shiny just for its own sake is just a really cheap gimmick in my opinion.

There's nothing wrong with using Shinies as an alternate palette. If they're actually Shiny, though, then you may want to consider making it meaningful by some method.

Back
Top Bottom