• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

*Plays a sad violin*

I once found a shiny Graveler in Platinum on Iron Island. Unfortunately, Riley didn't like it and knocked it out first. It was golden I tell ya, GOLDEN!

My sister once had the worst luck of all time. She found two shiny pokemon, one right after the other... in the safari zone. She lost both of them. An Exeggcute and a Nidoran(F). She was really mad over that, and even I felt a twinge of pain when I saw it. xD

Was it just me, or was it pretty easy to find shinies in the original Sapphire? Cuz for some reason, I kept finding them after every other encounter, without a cheat code.

The first shiny I ever found was in Sapphire. It's just up to luck, since as far as I'm aware, the rate hasn't changed since the third generation.

I found a shiny Taillow in Sapphire, a shiny Wurmple in Pearl, and the one I mentioned earlier, a shiny Shuppet in Y. I'm still mad at ten-year-old me for being an idiot and naming my shiny Taillow "SHINY" in all caps. >.>

First Shiny I ever saw was a green Zubat in Ilex Forest during Crystal. The Totodile proceeded to Critical hit it.

I still remember having my heart break. Then I learned later how rare they were. I just wanted the cool looking Zubat.

Incidentally, I think it would be more interesting to have more than one Shiny colouration. Like, add 3 more, round it to 5, then watch the rabid fans tear themselves apart getting them. "DAMN IT TO HELL, ANOTHER PURPLE SHINY! I NEED THE YELLOW ONE!"

I never found a shiny until Gen VI. I thought that wasn't notable, but apparently I'm horrendously unlucky. So my first shiny was a Lickitung in Kalos's Victory Road. The only other shiny I've ever found was a Tynamo in Omega Ruby.

I've never encountered a Shiny except in a ROBLOX game called Project Pokémon. The first Wild Poké I saw in the entire game was a Shiny Rattata... and thanks to the tiny size of the buttons, I clicked "Run".
hPgyMyG.png

Y'know, I have to wonder why they don't reorganize the Pokédex by this point. I like how ORAS hasn't cut out Pokémon and instead included them with their evolutionary lines in the Hoenn Pokédex. I'd love to see that done with the National Pokédex, maybe also putting the Nidorans into one species. Put Pichu in front of Pikachu and boom, Pikachu's still #025.

The only organizing of the pokedex I'd like to see is taking the Nidoran line and take away the separate entries for male and female. I understand why they did it, what with the limitations of the early technology, but now we do have different forms of pokemon under the same entry, such as Meowstic. But on the other hand, I can see why they don't do any kind of reorganizing, because firstly it'd make all the old games obsolete, and second, it'd just be an awful mess. Like, if they did get rid of the entries on the Female or Male Nidoran line and simply combined them into one species with gender differences, that would screw up the entire pokedex numbering system. Every single pokemon after them would have to be bumped up the list by three digits, and that just sounds like a gigantic pain in the ass.

EDIT: In hindsight, they'd really only have to combine Nidoran, as Nidorina/Nidorino and Nidoking/Nidoqueen could technically be considered different species, but even still it'd screw up the numbers considerably.

Last edited:
I could only see them doing that kind of 'spring cleaning' if they moved to a new handheld, sorta like how R/S changed so much because they knew they weren't going to make it backwards compatible with Gen 1/2.

I must admit, I find Alolan Muk to be somewhat scary.

The Silvally-line is really starting to become my favorite of this generation. it's in essence a miniature Arceus that's also viable in the competitive scene.

I was thinking about using an Alolan Muk, but I don't know, that acid-trip colouration's a bit much.

I don't know, I'm still not blown away by Type:Null or Silvally. I suspect we'll have to get used to it either way - I'm speculating that it'll turn up in the Skull subplot repeatedly

Well, Grimer loved to feed on sewage from factories according to the Pokédex entries. So it's not so much a change in where food comes from as much as a change in food in general, going from sewage to rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom