• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'll be picking mine up in Honolulu, Oahu (Hawaii) on Saturday, because that's the day when the ship is in port long enough for me to get to the store where I reserved it. Ship life man, it has a way of completely dictating life.

I'll be picking mine up in Honolulu, Oahu (Hawaii) on Saturday, because that's the day when the ship is in port long enough for me to get to the store where I reserved it. Ship life man, it has a way of completely dictating life.
Quite a fitting place to buy, considering Alola is based on Hawaii.

Sun and Moon don't come out until the 23rd in the UK. Because we always get the short-end when it comes to release dates of localised games.

It's kinda weird actually. X & Y came out on the same date 3 years ago world wide. I wonder why Europe get's the short end this time around.

By the way, since it's not available worldwide yet, can we keep spoiler-stuff here in the general chat at a minimum or at least inside spoiler tags until the 23rd, where Sun & Moon becomes available in Europe? I don't think I'm the only one who wishes to remain spoiler-free around here. Just a humble request.

I think that is a fair suggestion. There are places to discuss the game on the forum if people are desperate to do so, so I think for the next fortnight or so we should keep the chat around S&M to the absolute minimum - and that goes for the games as well ;))))))))

So I'm planning on getting my preorders of sun and moon today, but I accidentally threw away my receipt while I was cleaning my room a week ago, and I'm worried I might've needed it to prove that I ordered them. Can I give them the phone number I used to register the order, or can I just walk in and ask for my preorder? I forgot how the whole thing works, I don't regularly preorder games.

I just realized that it's mid-November and I've only got 7000 words down for a side project that I've been dedicating this year's nanowrimo to. I'm a terrible slacker >.>

My writing time's been taken up with essay writing, thanks to BT's continued incompetence in restablishing my internet connection. At this rate I'll have nothing to do but play Sun next week.

Oh, and I should think that the store staff should be able to find your preorder if you gave them any personal details. I had GAME tell me not long ago that I needed a GAME card to get hold of an event pokémon (nonsense)

They tried to tell my mum that you could only have a minimum of 4 codes for postcodes... when we had only gotten 2. Apparently, "that's not how it works".

Urgh, I really want Sun and Moon, but nooo, we have to wait 5 days longer. Stupid world, revenge soon, take out one everyone...

Oh, I've had a BT customer service operator tell me that my own phone number isn't a BT number. Rudely. I've never known such pig-headed obstinacy and arrogance from a call centre in all my life - that particular blockhead was just the tip of the iceberg

Speaking of annoying bureaucracy, when I went in to get my driver's license, I needed four forms of ID, and a birth certificate wasn't an allowable form of ID. Four forms of ID, just to get a federally recognized ID! I actually had to struggle to find a job that'd take someone without a driver's license just to get a driver's license, what a joke. I don't even have to state how hard it was to get a job like that when one of the only forms of ID people recognize is a driver's license.

I took in my first week's paycheck from the job I got, my high school diploma, my social security number and a public transit pass that had been expired for six years. They weren't supposed to accept the expired transit pass but the receptionist felt generous enough to give me a waiver.

My only other options were a US passport (which also needed four forms of ID, conveniently), and about a dozen official documents related to military, embassy/consulate service or documentation of refugee status. Obviously I wasn't about to join the military just to get a driver's license, so I came dangerously close to never being able to drive a car until our stupidly oppressive laws change.

I took in my first week's paycheck from the job I got, my high school diploma, my social security number and a public transit pass that had been expired for six years. They weren't supposed to accept the expired transit pass but the receptionist felt generous enough to give me a waiver.

My only other options were a US passport (which also needed four forms of ID, conveniently), and about a dozen official documents related to military, embassy/consulate service or documentation of refugee status. Obviously I wasn't about to join the military just to get a driver's license, so I came dangerously close to never being able to drive a car until our stupidly oppressive laws change.

Wait... You're in New York, right? I'm trying to get my New York driver's license exchanged from out of state, and the DMV site seems very adamant about me having my birth certificate (which I've never seen before in my life, awks). I even emailed the DMV and got several answers back, all stating I need my birth certificate (even though my out of state driver's license already has my DOB on it). Were you perhaps trying to get an enhanced or commercial license?

Sorry, now I'm just kind of concerned I'm not going to be able to get one, either. XD

Wait... You're in New York, right? I'm trying to get my New York driver's license exchanged from out of state, and the DMV site seems very adamant about me having my birth certificate (which I've never seen before in my life, awks). I even emailed the DMV and got several answers back, all stating I need my birth certificate (even though my out of state driver's license already has my DOB on it). Were you perhaps trying to get an enhanced or commercial license?

Sorry, now I'm just kind of concerned I'm not going to be able to get one, either. XD
I may have a birth certificate and social security number mixed up. It's been a few years since I actually got my license settled. It was one of those two that the first receptionist I met very rudely told me to fuck off with and that it wasn't an admissible form of ID. All I remember was that I had to scramble for four weeks cobbling together proof of who I was and that it was an absolute nightmare and a half.

I imagine if you're just getting yours renewed or exchanged it'll be a lot simpler of a process, since all they'll have to do is update your information rather than make new information.

Back
Top Bottom