• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I may have a birth certificate and social security number mixed up. It's been a few years since I actually got my license settled. It was one of those two that the first receptionist I met very rudely told me to fuck off with and that it wasn't an admissible form of ID. All I remember was that I had to scramble for four weeks cobbling together proof of who I was and that it was an absolute nightmare and a half.

I imagine if you're just getting yours renewed or exchanged it'll be a lot simpler of a process, since all they'll have to do is update your information rather than make new information.

Ah, makes sense. I did read that SSN doesn't count as ID since it has no photo or date of birth, so it was probably that.

Tell me about it! My passport is expired because I haven't gone overseas for years, so I basically have no idea I can use to prove I'm alive. My birth certificate doesnt even count because a lot of immigrants illegally reproduced them in NZ and the government changed the format like two years after I was born that made previous ones invalid :/

Anyone remember that I told that my mom often gets hospitalized due to recurring infections? Well, today she had an operation that removed the piece of intestine that kept creating them. Hopefully, after all these years, she can now relax. I'll be visiting her tomorrow, so I may have to wait a bit until I play Sun but hey, family comes first.

Anyone remember that I told that my mom often gets hospitalized due to recurring infections? Well, today she had an operation that removed the piece of intestine that kept creating them. Hopefully, after all these years, she can now relax. I'll be visiting her tomorrow, so I may have to wait a bit until I play Sun but hey, family comes first.

Really glad to hear the good news TD!

So am I, Ace.

When I visited her in the hospital, I was surprised to see how fresh she looked, considering that it was a major surgery she had. She is getting some morphine to kill off the worst pain for up to 3 days though.

Not me, with this blasted Black Friday business. What a bloody country. We import an insane retail concept and within a year it's everywhere and spreading quickly into the whole week. Actually no, I am grateful all I'll have to do is shunt crates round the stockroom and be out of there barely an hour after the store opens

Black Friday's not really popular, at least where I live. The markets are generally the same as they usually are. Why are companies trying to import it, anyway?

Apparently because it's working. Or maybe in a bid to try and steal customers back from online shopping.

I'm being a bit of a hypocrite perhaps, given that I recently bought a coat simply because it was 50% off for one day. I don't know, maybe it's just yet another creeping tinselled tentacle of Christmas reaching out even further into November that bothers me

If it makes you feel any better, Black Friday seems to be dying off in the states. Went to three stores this morning just to witness the spectacle of crazy people stampeding each other to violent death only to be disappointed. Online shopping is killing it.

I imagine it won't live long in Europe, or at the very least not be as silly as it is over here.

Yeahhh, I took my boyfriend to his first ever Black Friday at 6AM to look for a desk, and he was surprised to see anyone out at all. There weren't a lot of people, which worked in our favor, so no complaints here! But I told him that when I usually went in Chicago, people would have to park 3 lots over from the store they were actually trying to go to. He didn't believe me.

Last edited:
Several stores in Denmark are actually boycotting Black Friday, they simply cannot earn money from that.

Y'know, it's a shame the photo feature hasn't returned to SM, otherwise I'd have a new avatar by now.

Yes, I like playing dress up

Is it possible to take photos through miiverse in the game? Just asking, since you could then take the picture from the miiverse website and go from there. If it isn't possible, then you're out of luck.

NZ has started having Black Friday sales as well, but its just a name rather than a big deal. Largely because we don't really have huge department stores like they seem to have in America, and also because Boxing Day tends to be our big sale day. Plus they just use any old excuse to have a sale. Things are basically always on sale here

Welp, I finished Pokémon Sun. Would have been done a lot sooner, but goddamn people will not leave me alone.

Anyway, good story, bit railroaded though.

Pokémon Sun and Moon spoilers: do not look if you do not want.
Also, what is with that little love triangle between the protag, Lillie and Hau?

A few of my pros and cons, as of the first Gym
  • Some nice streamlining features - going straight to the box in the PC, choosing what box to send pokémon to after the catch, streamlined pokémon team management.
  • Taking photos of pokémon is rather cute
  • Charming music, if a bit underwhelming
  • The game is essentially structured the same, but it doesn't feel quite as predictable as before. The way the first hour or so plays out is more interesting given that you're not going through the usual stations of the plot
  • Some features are just a bit too awkward to get at. It ought to be a lot quicker to get to a Wonder Trade, for one thing.
  • I neither want or need to have a mini map at the bottom screen at all times. Alola is just not that difficult to navigate. Give me back the ability to scroll to the PSS, or better still, just give me back the damn PokéNav Plus
  • I actually quite like the NPCs, but they just will not leave you alone. It seems you can hardly walk halfway down a route before they're back trying to railroad you to the next area
Spoiler free bit here - I haven't made up my mind about Team Skull yet. At least they are interesting enough, from a story standpoint, to think twice about, which is more than can be said for Team Flare. Or even than I could say for Team Plasma

Back
Top Bottom