• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

...Y'know, there's only two times I've used Balls outside the normal Poké, Great and Ultra Balls, once on a Metapod with a Premier Ball accidentally, and a Luxury Ball on my Mimikyu. I really should start using more than just the regular line...

I tend to just spam nest balls whenever I can, just because I like the design on them.

I remember that I captured Rayquaza in a Repeat Ball in Sapphire (Gen III) after many hours of frustration and fails with Ultra Balls and Timer balls.

Back in my second attempt of GenIII Emerald, I don't know why but I had an whim of trying to catch every legendaries with the most common Pokeballs only.

Well, in fact, that was less harder than expected. Guess it was all just luck.

SOS was not Gamefreak's best idea.
Catching isn't actually too bad because they almost never seem to call after being paralyzed. It makes leveling up weaker Pokémon that take time to win incredibly irritating. I eventually gave in and started using Exp. Share to level up. It presmably gets better later when wild encounters will be mostly one hit KOs.
The radar from OR/AS was also much better for the whole IV/Hidden Ability hunting mechanic.

I like the Poké Pelago though. Knowing Gamefreak that next gen will keep SOS and drop Poké Pelago.

Re: Weird captures; I ended up with a legendary in a normal ball after running out once (don't remember which legendary...I think I was replaying Leafgreen so one of the birds) and my brother has a Groudon in a greatball from the same thing.

Welp, I'll reintroduce myself later, but I caught Groudon in a Dive Ball in my Emerald game. That was probably one of my proudest childhood moments.

Bubblebutt Hell?

The term 'marshmallow hell' is great and I'm using that when I can (probably never)

If Marshmallow Hell is uncomfortable proximity to boobs, is there an equivalent term for the other end? I feel like I spend half my Saturday evening with my face about six inches from a barmaid's arse > <
I don't think I've heard of one, so let's coin one. I say "Arsing it up".

Arkadelphiak, I presume

No, it is I, Peth Bavell, from the parallel universe a few branes over. The "Brenter" movement has ravaged the United Kingdom of States of America. Prime Minister Trump set all the forests on fire. There are no more trees for me to admire, so I had to leave.

Nah, you know it's me! I had an early-twenties-life crisis and then forgot my password. Blame AOL. Now I can't get into my old account (and this username doesn't sound nearly as cool). FML

I once met my alternate universe counterpart. It was a fun fight, though I doubt they were happy with the damage we caused. Wiped out two continents from this timeline.

Must say, I'm not digging the Christmas skin on Bulba.

Anyway, I'm looking at picking up my story again and getting on with it. One thing I'm wondering is how you all view the friendship evolution method and how you'd handle a Pokémon evolving through it. Also, does it differ significantly with the affection method (AKA Eevee -> Sylveon) much or even at all?

Back
Top Bottom