• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I've noticed in my run through of Sun that it's just easier to catch pokemon if you use anything other than the standard balls, even if you use a dive ball on a non-watertype. Weird...

As a side question, I caught a Passimian and my pokedex says it has a preevolution... But everywhere I look says otherwise. Does anyone who has Moon know if the other primate pokemon, the psychic one, shows it has an evolution in the pokedex when it shouldn't?

Yeah, they put related and counterpart Pokémon on the same page as each other, not just evolutionary relatives. For example, the Island Guardians are on one page, and Tauros and Miltank share a page.

Yeah, they put related and counterpart Pokémon on the same page as each other, not just evolutionary relatives. For example, the Island Guardians are on one page, and Tauros and Miltank share a page.

Ah, thanks. I'm not too far in the game still, so I hadn't caught any other pokemon that are like that in the pokedex.

Two contest announcements!

Firstly, for those who didn't see the big sticky thread, the Winter Awards have started. The nomination thread is up with all the rules, and you can send me your nominations in just over three hours time.

Secondly, one you probably didnt see, the annual Christmas contests have begun, and there is a writing one this year! You can read all the details here - if you aren't eligible for our awards, this would be an amazing alternative!

Just a curious question, can anyone see these symbols:

I was thinking of doing an alternate alphabet for an ancient language and stumbled upon the Deseret alphabet. Looks pretty fancy and could probably pass as some sort of magic script, but I won't bother if people can't see it.

edit: I think that's a nope, they disappeared the instant I posted the reply. I could probably get away with rendering them in an image and posting them within the chapter, I suppose.

NO MUGGLES SHALL READ MY STORY

ignore the fact that even I can't read it

132976d4a23650cfdc3ef5b30ce911cb.jpg

Everything can be related to Calvin and Hobbes

So, I was playing Sun and Moon, completing the Pokédex, when I go for a certain Pokémon. I'll spoil from here so no one can complain.

So I track down a Cubone and use that to SOS me up a Kangaskhan, as I know they can come along and help them. So, one comes along and I K.O. the Cubone, leaving me with the Kangaskhan. That's all well and good, but as soon as the turn ended, the Kangaskhan tried to call for help.

Now, if we go over to the Serebii page on SOS Battles and:

"If you knock out the original Pokémon and the new Pokémon isn't part of the same evolution line, then no more Pokémon will be called"

I have no reason to dispute this. I've gone after Chansey that haven't called anyone else as I've been trying to catch them after theyw ere summoned by an Elekid, as well as a few others. I've checked online and most people agree that they can't do it.

So Kangaskhan is apparently considered part of the Cubone evolutionary line.

Remember the awards are happening people. Very small turn out so far. Remember, your chapters don't have to be perfect: if you want to be eligible, you can post before the closing date and then have a week to make it better, so consider posting your unpolished draft if it gets you over the line.

Remember the awards are happening people. Very small turn out so far. Remember, your chapters don't have to be perfect: if you want to be eligible, you can post before the closing date and then have a week to make it better, so consider posting your unpolished draft if it gets you over the line.

Working on it! Though I don't think *anyone* wants to see the garbled mess of notes and scattered ideas that is a half-done chapter of mine. That is unless people are morbidly curious about our writing process and want a "behind the scenes" look at what we fo.

Working on it! Though I don't think *anyone* wants to see the garbled mess of notes and scattered ideas that is a half-done chapter of mine. That is unless people are morbidly curious about our writing process and want a "behind the scenes" look at what we fo.
I actually would be kind of curious to see how other people do it. I'm always looking for ways to improve my work flow as it hasn't changed all that much since I started writing years ago, perhaps studying the way others do it could be of use.

It's something I've been thinking of doing with a few unfinished chapters of Storm Island, actually. A lot of them were in the middle of production when I gave up on it, so they're incredibly messy and barely worth looking at, but maybe the process might be interesting to people.

Back
Top Bottom