• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Which Mangaka would you guys want to see draw Pokemon art?

I wanna see what a Hirohiko Araki Pokeverse would be like.

"It was the first thing that Bulbasaur thought, every time he was recalled. And then the murders began..."

Hmm. I knew I should have made it a hardboiled crime procedural

Forge Road Police Station
Coldfield, Mulberry Town
Wednesday 14th October

Detective Constable Joshua Cook lit up a cigarette for lunch. He was avoiding the Chief Inspector for a while. Another night, another dead hooker. Just like all the others, the killer had slashed her throat from ear-to-ear. The Chief was hungry, hungry for answers that DC Cook couldn't give him. But this dirty old town ... she couldn't hide her secrets forever.

Hmm. I knew I should have made it a hardboiled crime procedural

Forge Road Police Station
Coldfield, Mulberry Town
Wednesday 14th October

Detective Constable Joshua Cook lit up a cigarette for lunch. He was avoiding the Chief Inspector for a while. Another night, another dead hooker. Just like all the others, the killer had slashed her throat from ear-to-ear. The Chief was hungry, hungry for answers that DC Cook couldn't give him. But this dirty old town ... she couldn't hide her secrets forever.
The dame entered his office, her face illuminated by the moonlight shining through the slats of the window. She had curves in all the right places, which is to say, she was a teacher.

I think that would depend on how it's handled, and things like the overall tone of the story, as well as it's focus.

Well, long story short, my story takes place in a recovering post-apocalyptic civilization. Back then when they were reestablishing civilization, they tried to train the more carnivorous pokemon into eating more fruits and vegetables- essentially turning them omnivorous- in hopes of preserving their repopulating numbers. But with some pokemon being purely carnivorous, they couldn't adapt properly to this new diet, and were eventually exiled to the wild.

My concern is I don't want to outright antagonize them for wanting to eat other pokemon, despite what my summary said.

Well, long story short, my story takes place in a recovering post-apocalyptic civilization. Back then when they were reestablishing civilization, they tried to train the more carnivorous pokemon into eating more fruits and vegetables- essentially turning them omnivorous- in hopes of preserving their repopulating numbers. But with some pokemon being purely carnivorous, they couldn't adapt properly to this new diet, and were eventually exiled to the wild.

My concern is I don't want to outright antagonize them for wanting to eat other pokemon, despite what my summary said.

Hmm. Perhaps if you mention natural drives and instincts and the idea of their well-being being depleted show that because they aren't eating meat, they are unhealthy and cannot survive. The fruit and vegetables make them sick and they cannot live in that way.

Hmm. Perhaps if you mention natural drives and instincts and the idea of their well-being being depleted show that because they aren't eating meat, they are unhealthy and cannot survive. The fruit and vegetables make them sick and they cannot live in that way.

I'll try that.

The dame entered his office, her face illuminated by the moonlight shining through the slats of the window. She had curves in all the right places, which is to say, she was a teacher.

This dame brought danger with her. The kind of excitement that people would kill over. My wife saw me checking her out and stormed out of the building. It looks like I'm sleeping in the car tonight.

This dame brought danger with her. The kind of excitement that people would kill over. My wife saw me checking her out and stormed out of the building. It looks like I'm sleeping in the car tonight.
With the pleasant night of the doghouse in my mind, I turned my attention back to the dame. A cute little thing, a thought I kept private so as I didn't end up further damaging my chances of a comfortable night. I motioned for her to take a seat, a dusty old thing but comfortable all the same, and decided to press forward with introductions.

Man, these "and then the murders started..." thing takes me back to the Caption the Screenshot games, where I accidentally started a mass joke that spiraled out of control. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom