• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

From a writer's standpoint, I'd find going through older posts interesting to see how fandom's opinions of certain ideas have changed over the years. What might be considered cliche now might not have been cliche a couple years ago, and finding out why can give you ideas how to play with the cliches. Opinions will naturally change as people grow older and as newer gens are released.
Totally agree with this. Some topics are like time capsules if they're old or long enough!

Also, I should clarify, those threads over in the aforementioned other forum aren't deleted if they're necroposted in, they're just locked. The staff members just recommend the creation of a new topic on the same subject. It's still handled pretty well over here, though. :3

Totally agree with this. Some topics are like time capsules if they're old or long enough!

It's especially fun to go back and see posts written about stories that were in progress at the time, but are complete now. 8)

Has anyone had much luck catching a shiny Magikarp in Pokemon Go? The event ends today I think and I haven't found a single one :(

I'm kind of tempted to re-download GO and find one real quick for the lulz... but the game drains my phone battery, and my data.

It's annoying cause the event ends tomorrow and I haven't caught a single one. I wonder if this means they'll be introducing shinies more regularly to the games soon? I have never once caught a wild shiny even in the normal games so I would be keeeeeen

I caught a shiny Pidgey once, but it was in Silver so I could never transfer it, and the battery died ages ago, so he's gone forever. I also ran into a shiny Starly in Diamond, but that was before I even had the opportunity to buy Pokéballs to try to capture it. Haven't been able to breed or trade for any since then... then again, I haven't played a Pokémon game since then. >.>

As cool as it'd be to have a complete Pokédex, it's just too much work for me. I mean... does GF think that everyone has the time to get all 800+ Pokémon? o_O

I once saw a screenshot of someone on Yahoo answers saying that they got a purple Mudkip and thought it was a glitch, so they restarted the game and it was "normal" the second time.

I've also recently lacked inspiration to make videos. I have ideas - upset about Porygon, overabundance of legendaries, review of HeartGold and SoulSilver/Spirit Tracks, dublings - but I just can't write them down.

Last edited:
I've tried so many times to get a complete PokeDex and it just doesn't work. You have to hack really to be able to do it, or spend weeks transferring Pokemon across multiple games. It's especially hard in New Zealand as we never used to get events for legendary Pokemon.

I can't stop watching the Megazord formation or listening to Power Rangers theme songs. Someone, send help...

"If I were to write about mating rituals I think I'd go back a couple hundred years to when women either married or shrivelled up and blew away."

Best. Line. Ever
Sounds like what'll happen to me. Honestly, I'm fine with that.

I know I watched that show a lot when I was a kid - early nineties, apparently - but damned if I can remember anything about it
The best memory I have of Power Rangers was Amy Jo Johnson. She was my first ever crush/role model and it led down a delightfully terrifying rabbit hole that led to the disaster of a wreck that is me today.

I just like the Megazord. The idea of combining giant robots appeals to me. I hope one day to be able to replicate it.

I just like the Megazord. The idea of combining giant robots appeals to me. I hope one day to be able to replicate it.
There's these things called 'action figures'...

doubt the original megazord is in production anymore, the best you can probably get is second hand junk that's probably been loved a little too much

The same people who put nipples on the batsuit in that terrible Batman movie.
What horrible Batman move? There's never been a horrible Batman movie. Certainly not one with Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy, with a Bane in Name Only and Barbara Gordon getting her past changed completely...

We do not speak of that, Eliza.

Back
Top Bottom