• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Letting all the prisoners out of Arkham and Blackgate, to make Batman and Robin catch them all and mentally and physically fatiguing Bruce. Then having Robin abd Batman have a fallout because Bruce didn't need Tim.

C'mon, man. That's important.

@Nitro Indigo The way I see it, there's simply no point in arguing with that kind of mindset. For my part I flat-out refuse to defend myself when I choose to consume localised media. I don't see anything wrong in it and I won't be drawn into a fruitless argument with a self-righteous avatar
I responded to them, but then realised that you can't argue with some people.

Also, recently I've been getting annoyed thinking about some of Mr. Enter's Animated Atrocities reviews. The one that's been bothering me most recently is his Ctrl+Alt+Del review I haven't seen for a LONG time; he sounds so bored that I'm still struggling to wrap my head around why he considers it a Worst Thing Ever, since he fails to mention his biggest problem with it in his actual review. Something about Mr. Enter just makes me feel... bad for even slightly disagreeing with him. I eventually came to the conclusion that a negative review of something I had never heard of before isn't going to affect me in my daily life. I also realised today that the reason why I don't like Mr. Enter sometimes is because he repeats himself a lot in a single review (further reading: Animated Atrocities #47), harps on things in other reviews, sometimes takes things a bit too seriously, and acts like an authority. Thinking about his review of Ctrl+Alt+Del made me think of Caddicarus and Brutalmoose's review of another internet thing, Crisis City (not to be confused with the Sonic '06 level), and I realised that that didn't bother me because Caddy and Moose are actually funny. /brain dumping

Also also, the site's suddenly changed to some Team Skull skin I don't like, and I can't find the option to change it. Or the spoiler box option. April Fools started wherever the server is?

Letting all the prisoners out of Arkham and Blackgate, to make Batman and Robin catch them all and mentally and physically fatiguing Bruce. Then having Robin abd Batman have a fallout because Bruce didn't need Tim.

C'mon, man. That's important.
True, the events leading up to said back breaking are fairly important to showing Bane's character.

@Beth PavellThe troll in question basically said that anything less than a direct translation is disrespecting the foreign audiences.

A lot of people like to speak for foreign audiences and foreign nations without actually having any knowledge of them. The entire "scandal" that Ghost in the Shell gets for casting a certain actress is a prime example of that.

Being culturally respectful is fine. But unfortunately, there are a lot of people who need to be taught that "speaking for another culture" is not "being culturally respectful."

Back
Top Bottom