• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I go by @Caitlin 's definition: a mid-20s, early 30s white girl who is a fraud; into trends such as fashion and music, but deeply detestful of those very trends and the people who follow them, instead preferring simple pleasures and simple tastes. I don't know how accurate that is, but after years of having that term thrown at her, that's what she figures it is and that's what I've come to adopt it as.

I try to avoid it as description. It falls under the "buffalo" problem.

There is an Urban Dictionary definition that is a tad more blunt in defining things. I think it is one of the insults that has become so overused, much like Mary Sue or hipster, that it doesn't really mean anything anymore.

Speaking of names, this great tweet has suggested your pen name should be the name of your childhood pet and the thing you fear.

Totally stealing that for my next D&D campaign. Murderclaw Heights, home of the mysterious Catfolk: none have returned to tell tales (tails?) of what it's like.

We both are of the same mindset. Murderclaw was a cat XD

Dart Waking-each-morning-to-a-life-devoid-of-meaning-having-fallen-even-farther-down-the-pit-of-self-hatred-and-despair-with-no-sign-of-escape-besides-the-ever-approaching-shadow-that-is-death.

Hmm... I dunno how well that would play. I'll stick with Aether.
I mean, you could put that on the front page of a fic, or you could just have plain black with 'Edge' emblazoned across in a somehow even darker font.

My "childhood" pet is my current one... so that'd be Sarah Heights.

Which doesn't even work because I'm a male.

...wonderful.

I didn't have a childhood pet of my own.

I'm also struggling for ideas for videos. I'm currently scripting a video about a "deeper look" at EP038, but that's it.

To be more specific, I want to add in a section questioning how Porygon got two evolutions in the first place if controversy blah blah blah, and how excluding them from the anime draws attention to the controversy because it's a conspicuous absence, but I'm not sure how to word it.

Last edited:
"Waffles Nuclear War" would be mine. I don't know why there was such paranoia about the outbreak of nuclear war in the early 90s, the Soviet Union had just fallen and Russia was licking its wounds, there's no way they'd have risked military action at the time.

Tiny Death... Hammy Spiders... Hm...

How about Hammy Death?

"Waffles Nuclear War" would be mine. I don't know why there was such paranoia about the outbreak of nuclear war in the early 90s, the Soviet Union had just fallen and Russia was licking its wounds, there's no way they'd have risked military action at the time.

It wasn't Russia they were paranoid about. It was the fact quite a few Russian nukes simply went missing during that period (some still are), and a number of groups breaking off from the Soviet Union that had really good reason to dislike the U.S. and included people crazy enough to actually use those nukes.

I am working on a new fic, but I don't know when/if I'll get around to posting it around here or if there would even be interest. I know FF.net is a cesspool, but at least there are more eyes seeing it :)

Basically, it's another anime-verse fic, which I know is not that popular around here (not saying that's a bad thing, just sort of a fact). Takes place 7 years after a huge, catastrophic event that changes the entire landscape of life in Kanto. Down and out, Ash, has resigned to the fact that this is life now. People are hungry, oppressed and constantly in danger. But something from Ash's past spurs him on to attempt to put a stop to things and help try to restore peace and safety to his home region.

Back
Top Bottom