• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I sorta just had a thought. Does the writers workshop have a Discord server? Might be a fun idea.

Yeah, I'm aware of that one. I just thought it might be a fun idea to have our own to chat and stuff.

The mods discussed the idea not too long ago and in short the conclusion was that the creators chat will have to be enough. I'm not sure how aware everyone here is of the creators group but if anyone has Discord, feel free to check it out and/or exchange Discord info with some other WW people. 8)

In case it hadn't been noticed, we are running a new competition in collaboration with the URPG, and you can read all the details about that here. As part of that we will be posting a lot more prompts than normal, so make sure you keep your eye on the Weekly Prompt thread as well :)

The contest sounds like fun, but I'm not confident in my ability (or rather, motivation) to write 1000-4000 words before May 12th... especially since my birthday's not long before then. :p

Still, even in the more-than-likely event I don't participate, I'm still looking forward to the results! :)

...aaaand I just noticed I wrote "still" twice in my last sentence. See, kids, this is why you proofread! :p

On a random note, and out of curiousity, has anyone come up with any considerably lengthy one-word terms for their stories?

I haven't watched live TV for 5 whole years, and I had adapted to the life of no TV. (Not including video streaming on internet that are watchable anytime and allow one to select what to watch what not to watch)

Recently went back to my home country and dwelling temporary at my grandparent's place. They are those couch potato that will sit in front of TV for the entire day, despite they don't even like those programs.

Not that I can prohibit them from watching TV, but the me of now becomes easily irritated with all those TV noises that is always there at the background which never turn off, even I closed the door room and plugged my ear with earplug. I can't sit down quietly and daydream about my fic because of all those background distraction.

I really miss the natural silence in my former home, where the house was surrounded by a beautiful garden full of natural greens, with only the sound of birds and insects can be heard at the night (And occasional visit of the neighbor's cat :)).

I've recently been brainstorming a review of Cars 2, which essentially boils down to me saying that the movie is terribly paced and feels naive about how dark it is, and making passive jabs at Mr. Enter, who kept ranting about toys instead of giving meaningful criticism in his review. (At one point, he says something about a really cool scene which basically amounts to: "The minor characters are saving the protagonists, therefore this movie is a lazy attempt to sell toys.") But not direct jabs, because that would lead to drama. Oh, and I also feel like joking that a really minor character is a major character's pet Glide Charizard.

The problem with only doing overwhelmingly negative and overwhelmingly positive reviews is that you can't talk about mixed bags.

@Six Paths: What do you mean by 'one word term' ?
Like the word "Pokémon" being a term for Pokémon; in other words, any terms not exceeding one word (unlike, say, Poké Ball, which is two words) that are relatively lengthy. Though I'd assume there wouldn't be many since everyone's so punny around here. :p

The problem with only doing overwhelmingly negative and overwhelmingly positive reviews is that you can't talk about mixed bags.
Why not just go in-depth on your honest feelings? That way it'd only be overwhelmingly positive or negative if that's how you feel about the movie.

That last sentence wasn't referring to myself.

Anyhow, I now have a solid idea for an original story where the magic of a world is disappearing, with disastrous consequences for the species that rely on it. It takes cues from a Pokémon fanfic I wrote but abandoned a couple of years ago called Eighteen Elements.

@Nitro Indigo: Story ideas go in the Plot Bunny Zoo :)

Speaking of Cars, did you guys hear that the director basically confirmed that the franchise takes place in a world where cars overthrew humanity? Makes you wonder how many of the Pokemon fan theories are secretly true.

Just made it to Canada (Newfoundland) for my brother's wedding. What's the first thing I do when I arrive:? go to Tim Horton's to get coffee...

I got my priorities straight!

seriously though, I'm meeting my brother and very soon to be sister in-law later. This is just after I got off the airplane at around midnight, and there's a 24-hour Tim Horton's right outside the hotel. still makes a fun story I think.

Speaking of Cars, did you guys hear that the director basically confirmed that the franchise takes place in a world where cars overthrew humanity? Makes you wonder how many of the Pokemon fan theories are secretly true.
Wait, what?

I'm just embarrassed about a few months ago, when I wouldn't stop talking about it.

Back
Top Bottom