• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'll try it out next time I play, if I ever do. XD I don't see the appeal in first person shooter games, but they're pretty popular so I'll probably be asked to play one again sometime, lmao.

The only FPS I actively play is the meteoroid prime series, tbh, and that's a stretch.

>meteoroid

i'm sorry but that misspelling
2e7.png

>meteoroid

i'm sorry but that misspelling
2e7.png

Goddammit autocorrect.

In other news, I've been trying my hardest to write a story with the tcg as a focus but it's so damn hard to make it interesting. I've written tons of yugioh stuff, so I wasn't expecting it to be this difficult, but damn, I just can't get it down.

I tried thinking of a way to inject the TCG into my story, even going as far as detailing a main character who focused on card tournaments... only to realize it's just an incredibly boring idea that wouldn't catch on with anyone. As dp876 said, there's just nothing there.

Holy crap I can hear again! Weird thing to be excited about, but I feel like saying so anyway.

These past few days have been really, really annoying with one of my ears totally plugged up with earwax, and for most people I can imagine that being inconvenient and bothersome. But for an audio engineer/technician and sometimes musician like me, who's very livelihood and passions depend on my ability to hear things very clearly, it was more than a bit unsettling and worrisome. I think I can now understand on a more semi-firsthand level now what it must be like if a painter went blind or couldn't see clearly. Suffice to say, I think I can add "going deaf" as something I'd be legitimately terrified by.

But that's all in the past now, finally swallowed my pride and got some ear-drops and an ear washing syringe from the pharmacy and cleaned that mess out. My only regret is not doing it so much sooner.

Oh, and that shipping video is cute and amusing, cool find.

That video has made my weekend @Beth Pavell and it's only Friday night.

@chaos_Leader: I've had that happen to me twice, and it is really uncomfortable anyway. There was one time where my right ear just became blocked and I had to spend a week moving to the right side of people so I could actually hear them. Earwax is just gross.

that feel when you have multiple tabs and click on the wrong one and it's in the middle of some text you dont immediately recognize and you read a bit and go "wtf is this pretentious garbage lol" and then you realize

its your fic

I've also had an ear infection brought on by wax buildup. I was honestly worried that I'd gone deaf in one ear overnight. I visited a doctor and he stuck this giant claw in my ear (I've always been told that's a big no-no), it felt like he was scratching at my brain as he clawed all of the crap out.

I hope I never have to experience that again.

A claw? That seems highly unorthodox. When I had my ears cleaned it was with a sort of mini vacuum thing, and even that seemed risky. If they had turned up with a claw I probably would've just left.

It was probably an ear pick rather than a true "claw". It's more not recommended for one to use on one's one ear, especially if the user doesn't know how to use it.

Okay, to be fair, TCG doesn't offer even half of what Yugioh does to work with. But I have thought that it'd be really cool to read a TCG fic because I don't think I've seen one ever. Keep at it!

Yeah, I've come to that realization. I'm trying though!

Welp, now I've completely changed my mind about going to an ENT about all the ear infections I keep getting. 8)

I'm getting ready to start Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series this weekend. I've heard nothing but good things about its worldbuilding, so I thought I'd check it out. Anyone else read it?

On TV Tropes, Klonoa (specifically Door to Phantomile, but the whole franchise has one page) only has an entry for Crapsaccharine World on its YMMV page (it's not a YMMV trope), and no entry in Surprise Creepy at all.

Everyone remember to vote for the three User Voted categories in the awards! Show your love for your favourite newcomers, reviewers and contributors :)

I saw War for the Planet of the Apes last night, and god, that is such a good trilogy. Highly recommend! Anyone seen any good movies lately?

the emoji movie coming july 28! sorry had to

man, you ever hear a track that's so great but no one else you know likes the genre so you can't share it...

Last edited:
man, you ever hear a track that's so great but no one else you know likes the genre so you can't share it...

It's definitely interesting, and a much more thoughtful effort to use that heavy, gritty electronic sound without it feeling overboard. I think the artist Deadmau5 sums up my own opinion on the matter pretty nicely here.

Honestly I'm of two minds on "dubstep". On the one hand, I'm an audio engineer and musician that hears dubstep and thinking something like "that's the auditory equivalent of masochism." On the other, I have a solid nugget of respect for the rebellious, "F you" dadaism approach to electronic music. Where I draw the line, particularly with the artist's mentality, is when that rebellious "F you!" mentality manifests in an ignorance of the craft, and with it an unwillingness to learn.

"that's the auditory equivalent of masochism."

you think "steep" was masochistic? listen to this. the title is appropriate, yep

anyway, as a pretty artistic person and a synesthete, i really, really like expressionism in sound. and that track to me just expresses "i've had it, i'm done with everything, i'm just going to scream". but unlike, say, just solid screaming for 4 minutes, it's got a flow that keeps you coming back and really just losing it completely when the bassline drops.

that's not to say i love dubstep. no, most of it is garbage. ever listened to a channel called "dubstepgutter"? all the songs are the. exact. same. really the only songs i like from there are by artists who can make catchy melodic parts (eg teminite) or deviate from the formula (MYKKA & omar varela's "goat head": otherwise a boring track but it has parts that are so bravely different that i can't help but like it. especially the second drop. just completely ditches the dubstep genre for a while.) they think they're loud and energetic, while they're actually just boring to me.

scraton, however, always uses really sharp, clean samples that give the song the variety it needs to be a full work of art. even if a lot of tracks get repetitive, i like the patterns so much that i'm totally fine with it. though it could be just because my synesthesia matches up perfectly with the kinds of sounds he uses.

Back
Top Bottom