• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Where I draw the line, particularly with the artist's mentality, is when that rebellious "F you!" mentality manifests in an ignorance of the craft, and with it an unwillingness to learn.

In terms of songwriting maybe, but I've grown to love dubstep and bass music in general because of the sound design. As I've developed as a producer, I've begun to respect how much time and effort goes into making a single bass sound that might only play for a few seconds. I tend to prefer melodic music with an emphasis on emotion and/or storytelling, but I still love sounds that make me raise my eyebrows and go "Whoa, that's sick." Bass music does that like nothing else.

As for the song in a genre no one else listens too, that's me with happy hardcore. Some of my friends like it, but not as much as me. Also Porter Robinson could fart into a mic and I would worship it as the single most beautiful thing ever created by a human being, but I at least have another friend who's the same.

happy hardcore music weirdly tends to tire me out. i don't think normal hardcore does, though i've only heard a few tracks and regularly listen to like, maybe three if i'd have to estimate on the fly. here's one i could find.

then again, i'm also the kind of person who can't keep up a smile for prolonged periods of time. my mom always scolds me at parties for having a scowl on my face, even though my face is just relaxed. and when i do force a smile, i'm apparently not even smiling? yeah... i think i have resting dead-inside face.

Odd Name Out - TV Tropes
The Earth's continents are named Asia, Africa, Australia, Antarctica, the two Americas, and Europe; the last one's name starts and ends with a different letter in English. In Japanese, Antarctica is the odd one out, as it's the only one whose name is regularly written entirely in kanji.
I think you mean sound, TV Tropes, not letter.

happy hardcore music weirdly tends to tire me out. i don't think normal hardcore does, though i've only heard a few tracks and regularly listen to like, maybe three if i'd have to estimate on the fly. here's one i could find.

I'm pretty sure hardcore and happy hardcore are the same thing. There's a lot of variety among the genre, from bassy stuff like this, to feelsy songs like this, so it's worth it to look for stuff you like imo. Love me some Stonedank tho. Ripped To Pieces has been my jam for the last couple months.

Odd Name Out - TV Tropes

I think you mean sound, TV Tropes, not letter.

asia, africa, australia, antarctica, america, europe

if it was about sound, asia and australia would already have a different sound in the beginning ("ay" and "aww") though they both end in "ah"

i think i started browsing other stonebank song after this one. i'm pretty big on glitch hop, though not so much on hardcore (unless the track is good)

I just realised that it's called Wild World because this newfangled "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" thingy lets you connect with people all over the world.

then again, i'm also the kind of person who can't keep up a smile for prolonged periods of time. my mom always scolds me at parties for having a scowl on my face, even though my face is just relaxed. and when i do force a smile, i'm apparently not even smiling? yeah... i think i have resting dead-inside face.
I'm much the same. It's to the point where people often look at me and think that I'm sad, depressed, or even angry, when in reality I'm not really feeling anything at all, or I'm actually slightly happy. It's quite annoying to be called out as being "unhappy" at completely random times when my real sad and angry faces are very obvious. But then again, my geniunely happy face is also very obvious as well, so I'm definitely an expressive person as far as primary human emotions go... maybe it's just more moderate emotions that don't show through as much.
I just realised that it's called Wild World because this newfangled "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" thingy lets you connect with people all over the world.
You mean Animal Crossing: Wild World, for the original DS? Yeah, that actually does kind of explain it, doesn't it? It's amazing how things like that can be such headscratchers when you first look at them and then become almost hilariously obvious after looking at them again, even if it's been years since you've actually done so.

I'm not sure what's "wild" about it, though. The weirdness of the early internet, with ragefaces and LOLcats?

Also, this has nothing to do with anything, but I'm going through one of my "unironically liking Cars 2" phases again, and I want to read a crossover where Siddeley meets Helen Parr and they freak out like that M&Ms advert with Santa.

Can someone in the northern hemisphere talk to me about sunshine and warmth to make me feel better about my terrible cold and aching head. I truly dislike winter.

the summer here has been kind of eh so far. we've only had about two actually hot and sunny days (25C and up), then some milder sunny days (15-20C) and then a bunch of rain (10-15C).

today it actually rained even though the sky above was clear. weird.

Well, if you insist ... it's been a warm summer like last years, consistently more blue skies and sunshine than sullen grey and rain. It's not quite hit 30C for the most part, though today looks set to hit about 25C, if I'm any judge. I can't say I especially like it out in the open with the heat reflecting off the tarmac, but out in the green halls of the nature reserve it's pleasantly cooler. The warm weather's kept the butterflies out - I just got back in from a fifteen minute walk and saw a common blue, about 9 speckled wood, a handful of small whites, 1 comma and my personal favourite, a red admiral.

image_generator.php

There's a bit of a breeze in the air, hissing through the willows, and especially making the railway poplars do that shushing, pulsing rattle that sounds very much like the sea. All that sun's ripening up the berries fast. I hadn't expected the first ripe blukblackberry for another couple of weeks, but the vines closest to the sun are starting to put out a fine tart crop of berries already

The past two weeks have been a constant haze of ~90%-100% humidity and average temperatures of around 35C, peaking at around 37C with little relief in sight. I think I'm fair in saying, "Fuck summer and everything about it". Not to mention that I actually got a headache when I stepped outside into the sunlight this morning. The sun has no business being that bright.

I've actually had quite enough of "Summer."

After spending the better part of two years putting around Hawaii on a cruise ship (working, mind you), I'm still trying to understand why it's such a hot vacation destination. It's not a great experience when you step out the door, only to be instantly drenched in your own sweat from the sheer humidity. Oh, and despite being at sea level, bear in mind that water vapor displaces oxygen, which means on an especially humid day, with all that water stuck in the air around me, it can get a little hard to breathe. I spent many afternoons outdoors feeling more like a steamed vegetable than a person.

I mostly blame my cold, icy Northern European genes, but still, screw the tropics. I'm all the more thankful now for my home state Oregon toasty-but-not-miserable summers.

Back
Top Bottom