• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

A TV talk show having a discussion about some political issues. But, the hosts talk like gossips between friends, often laugh and giggle during the talk, and often insert some nonsense comments such as the fashion sense of that politician which has completely nothing to do with the discussion topic and not even remotely political to fit the atmosphere of the topic, and often insert some if-questions of "if the situation was like that..." "if it was me in that situation....", 99.99% were the hosts' subjective opinions about the topic but rarely any mention of already established objective facts, the hosts even exchanging banters and word puns and jokes between one another occasionally.

As an audience watching this talk show (to verify, I didn't chose to watch it, the TV in the lounge was on when I'm taking my lunch break), I can't take them seriously no matter what.

Idea: a game with a reputation system. When you do certain things, some characters will hate you, while others will love you. There are some actions which will cause your reputation to drop really low, causing everyone to hate you, so you'll have to work hard to be liked again.

That's a feature that's going into my slowly-progressing RPG, though I don't have any plans for reputation to drop based on your actions at the moment. But yeah, there's plenty of those out there.

i thought that one old republic star wars game had that. though i'm not sure if it actually influenced NPC behavior or something.

anyway, computer science sure is a trip. you learn that every computer's basically just a really big bunch of tiny switches

I always found it amusing that having a chivalrous prince was usually more useful in Medieval II than a terrifying maniac. I was playing as England once, and Prince Henry Plantagenet went a bit funny in the head after one too many summer campaigns in Anjou. I ended up having to send him away on crusade - too bloodthirsty to be trusted with a duchy

Idea: a game with a reputation system. When you do certain things, some characters will hate you, while others will love you. There are some actions which will cause your reputation to drop really low, causing everyone to hate you, so you'll have to work hard to be liked again.
Chrono Trigger sort of has a mini version of this

anyway, computer science sure is a trip. you learn that every computer's basically just a really big bunch of tiny switches
It's even better when you simplify it further: computers are just rocks that we tricked into thinking by electrocuting them.

One of my favorite reputation systems was in Fallout: New Vegas. There was a part where you could negotiate a truce between two rival factions (the NCR and the Brotherhood of Steel), but only if you had really high reputation with both of them. If you did it then they would fight alongside each other in the final battle against a greater threat, but despite the fact that this is clearly the morally right thing to do, successfully negotiating the truce actually made you lose reputation with both sides because of the bad blood between them.

It's not quite the same as a morality system, since it's not always black and white, but your heart always knows what's right.

Similar idea: a friend once told me that in a Mass Effect game, there's a choice which results in one of two characters hating you either way.

i have a... unique problem.

it's called "not being able to give your banner art a proper tagline because you keep shitposting over and over"

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

maybe i should just put in "by canisaries" before i descend deeper into hell

So you finally wrote that Yamask story? I'm not into horror, and the only fanfic-related thing I've done recently is repeatedly check Fanfiction.net to see if Amici Improbabile has updated. It hasn't.

>wrote
welllll

i do have the story thought out but ive only published the prologue and i'm like a third through writing the first chapter. i just know it Will Contain A Mask so the banner ain't gonna change and i want it to look fancy to trap lure in more readers

thanks! mask took a million years to paint, but at least i learned a lot about asian facial features and gold in the process

Last edited:
group projects are the worst. our group really has to decide on what direction we're taking our assignment in since our programming shift is tomorrow, but no one's replied at all to my questions in the whatsapp group SPECIFICALLY made for communication. on top of this, we're supposed to be working on a report of the project, for which purpose i've made a gdoc, but it's been two weeks and no one other than me has even touched it.

it really baffles me, as this course is very necessary to pass, and it's literally an introduction course. it's going to be pretty shameful to fail that. one could say that the others must be busy, but i've been busy too yet i've still had time to do my own part, and i'd do way more but i can't before the rest approve of it. and really, is texting a reply so much to ask for? human trash.

/overreaction

Back
Top Bottom