• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

@diamondpearl876
3791cbf70fa7801344a8e65a440968b9--the-cop-simpsons-quotes.jpg

I should change the subject before anyone launches an investigation all the bribery it took for me to let that darn Eight Easy Steps fic all those times. That author could not keep his hands off of me

Has anyone played USUM yet and would they recommend it? Black Friday sales are happening here now and I would be sorely tempted if it is on sale then.

USUM is essentially just two small DLC-size Plotlines, the ability to catch all legends ever and some little aesthetic, balance or gameplay fixes. It's not worth the forty dollars unless you really want a slightly different take on Alola or are writing an Alola fic and are obsessing over making every detail right.

Although I really don't think there are many (any?) game verse Alola fics running on site, so...

I still don't feel right just posting the prologue for PMDUE. It explains the key events before the story takes place, yeah, but it doesn't even feature my protagonist. I don't think its the best idea just to leave readers with a prequel chapter to the true introduction...

Well, I better put my Alola story to the top of my to do list then. If only I didn't borderline hate the title I'd be in a much better position to start it properly

aw man, i wanna get nominated but i haven't read enough of any story to nominate anyone else's stuff. rip

on the subject of prologues, i struggled a lot to decide whether i should add the prologue of hunter, haunted as a prologue, the first chapter or as a completely separate short story. in the end i decided on the first, since it's a bit disconnected from the rest of the fic subject-wise but it's plot relevant. idk, i've always been very bad at seeing the bigger scope of a story. can't say whether the prologue gives away how graphic the description can get, or whether it provides an establishing forewarning.

Back
Top Bottom