• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

when actually disfigured people can't get any work at all in the film industry.
Please could you elaborate?

Also, First News interviewed the kid who plays Auggie and two adult celebrities about Wonder. One of the adult celebrities was Owen Wilson. Interesting...

Also, I've mentioned wanting to see a Cars world in Kingdom Hearts III in the past, but something else I'd like to see that makes more sense is the character of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. I once saw fanart of Sora tacking the Mickey (ba dum tiss) out of him.

I haven't even played Kingdom Hearts yet.

Can you name a single time you saw an actually disfigured actor in anything? If so, was the part big enough you can remember their name?

I wasn't sure if you meant "literally can't get a job" or "discriminated".

I once saw a documentary about a girl with a craniofacial anomaly uploaded onto YouTube, and the comments were horrible.

are there that many disfigured actors? good disfigured actors? good disfigured child actors who are the age of the boy to portray? so far i feel like the problem isn't discrimination, but the fact that they simply couldn't find someone from such a niche overlap.

I didn't expect to start a conversation about diversity politics, but canisaries has a point. The smaller the pool, the smaller the talent. Apparently the acting industry was struggling a few years ago.

Not necessarily. As I recall it was a Native American EDIT, my mistake, Indian, he identified as an American Indian, who played the role of the chief in Disney's (Otherwise turgidly commercial) Pocahontas. Which is nice enough, but he was terrible. The script did him no favours, let's be fair, but he was terrible.

I think the more important issue is directors snorting "We're not making a documentary here" in order to do what they want with real people and real events ... and then sell it as "based on a true story". It's bad enough when it's done to centuries old history, let alone people who are still alive

The lack of electronics stores around here astounds me. Amazon cancelled a birthday gift order on me over a week ago without notifying me, and I can't find anyplace to buy something similar in person by the 6th for said birthday. : ' ) GameStop is basically a merchandise store rather than a video game store here now; that's about all I got. I never thought I'd miss having a Best Buy near me, RIP

It's worth noting, though, that Wonder was originally a book.

Also, about my confused feelings about A Dog's Porpoise: I feel guilty for wanting to see it and owning a movie-branded version of the book, I feel sad that such an acclaimed book is doomed to be forgotten... then I remember that I got bored during the multi-chapter-prologue-thing.

As I write for the Christmas Contests this year, I’ve discovered that Alder is reeaaally fun to write. If this keeps up, he’ll be my favorite champion by the end of the month.

Man. I was thinking of a whole bunch of cool ideas for a Pokemon fanfiction. Then I tried to write it, and started writing something else. Is non-fanfiction even allowed here?

Man. I was thinking of a whole bunch of cool ideas for a Pokemon fanfiction. Then I tried to write it, and started writing something else. Is non-fanfiction even allowed here?

Sure! I think naturally there's always going to be more Pokemon fanfic than anything around here because, well, this is a Pokemon forum, but anything is allowed! Non-fiction, non-Pokemon fanfiction, essays, whatever!

I feel guilty for wanting to see it and owning a movie-branded version of the book, I feel sad that such an acclaimed book is doomed to be forgotten
I have the same feelings with the How to Train Your Dragon books. They're so amazing yet so criminally underrated due to the movies which are great in their own right. Hopefully the third film gets the last few books right at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom