• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

So, that's three members of this community that have publicly admitted to writing a lemon. Who's next?

@canisaries How polished are talking? Feel free to PM.

I just want to admit here as I’m dozing off at 5 in the morning that I read a yaoi lemon for Ace Attorney the other week and I wish someone was recording my reaction as I did because it slowly dawned on me that it was actually a lemon I myself wrote a couple years ago. I have no recollection of writing this. I have only questions. So many questions.

Oh good god I resigned too early. What have I cursed this section with?

I read some shippy fics a while ago, and honestly I didn't get about a third of them. They seemed to be along the lines of "Two characters are near each other for 2,000 words Slightlystupidshipping". I couldn't actually find the alleged shipping in the text

I'm assuming Pokemon shipping fics? Because many FF.net authors for obscure Pokemon ships are so, so guilty of this (at least, back when I was around FF.net)... lol. The shipping one-shots I always found had really good writing, but not much in the way of plot or characterization... I could've put in any two characters, claimed they were in a relationship, and still the fic wouldn't have felt different at all. RIP.

So, that's three members of this community that have publicly admitted to writing a lemon. Who's next?

*shakily raises hand*

wrote one for a zelda game, think it was Skyward Sword. Don't remember why I did it but it's since been thoroughly deleted

every time i hear the word "lemon" in this context i flash back to that time i got linked to lemonparty

some wounds never heal

Disney has bought Fox. The Xenomorphs are now Disney Princesses. The X-Men are now part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There's a possibility of a Simpsons world in Kingdom Hearts.

...Okay, maybe those last three won't happen, but it's funny to imagine.

*inhales*
THE
SIMPSONS
DID
IT
20th-disney-simpsons-e1510342465296.png

Plot twist: 20th Century Fox bought Disney.

In other news, I still want to play Kingdom Hearts on PS4, but which is safer: an original PS4 on top of a Wii U, or a Wii U on top of an original PS4?

i just joined serebii forums because of boredom and curiosity and wow a buncha familiar faces there

definitely different from bulba tho, have a hard time just navigating the site but i guess i'll learn with time

Do many people around here post on different sites? I'm planning on posting PMDUE and my upcoming rewrite of PMDLU on Serebii soon, as they appear to have an active fan-fiction section. The more reviews the better, right?

I've posted on Serebii for the better part of a decade. Like all forums, it's steadily declined in activity over the years, but there are plenty of great fics over there and readers, too! There's some core differences between here and the WW, I think, so there's not many authors I see consistently active on both forums besides me. The only other people I can think of off the top of my head who have traversed into both extensively are @Sike Saner and @Athena.

I cross post on fanfiction.net, but I keep the main effort on Bulbagarden because I can't be bothered to visit more than two sites every time I publish a new chapter. I'm not sure The Long Walk would get much of a following elsewhere anyway

I've taken a brief look at their section, and it is definitely...different. I wouldn't mind posting there though, as it'd give another source of reviews. Besides, it shouldn't be too much different in terms of posting rules, right? Outside of the rating descriptions, of course.

Biggest cultural difference last time I was there is that Serebii had a relatively strong informal review-exchange system. If you regularly read and reviewed someone else's work, they'd likely return the favor. Of course, that was years ago and I've been told that the forum's changed in more ways than one since then. I thought the users and user interaction were nicer on Bulba when I got here (and it's definitely friendlier to newcomers) but there were/are some very phenomenal writers and reviewers over there and it might be a better community once you get good enough to stand out.

Back
Top Bottom