• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

i haven't yet decided whether to start posting fics on serebii, as their violence level would probably require frequent mod-contacting sessions (and what's worse, might require censorship which i just don't know how i would even do, also i'm still not sure how strong language and the swear filter will interact), but the writers' hangout seems like a cool place, so i'll definitely stick around there.

but while we're on the subject, can anyone explain how the subscription system works? i've subscribed to a thread / the forum it's in, but didn't get a notification upon it updating. do i need to specify what i want to show up somewhere?

EDIT: oh, i think i got it, notifs and subscriptions are separate. just took me a while to find the sub folder.

Last edited:
The reviewing culture is attractive, admittedly. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you review here, the most you can hope for is a thank you (Which has been likely enough these past few months, but there have been times when even that wasn't likely)

I always try to respond to reviews. They put in the effort to read my story, the least I can do is let them know I read their thoughts.

no, not like that charles, get out of my head charles

Am I allowed to say I don't like the layout? Because the text is too small and the colours don't compliment each other, on any skin.

...why not just ctrl+plus then? that's what i did.

and deification need to disagree on the color front, i found them to be rather harmonious.

Lemons: I keep trying to work up the nerve to write one, but I'm always leery of doing so since my ships are...unorthodox, such as MutationShipping (Mewtwo/Eevee) and...whatever name you'd give Arceus/OC that came about since finding a good shipping fic featuring Arceus is quite difficult, so I went with the age-old "Ya want something done right, ya do it yourself"

Although since I've recently introduced an actual human female partner for said OC, there may be one in the cards yet - even though I'm currently back to writing the OC interacting with Arceus in an intimate manner, so...

[Dryly] Why yes, I do have problems with keeping a plotline going, so I then leap headlong into another one later down the line or jump to a point somewhere in the past

Ah, the perks of having immortal protagonists who've lived for over three thousand years [/dryly]

As for reviews, I can understand why I never get any since I write for a miniscule niche with sub-par quality writing which the effort of sitting through is better spent on better stories

Probably doesn't help I don't read/review other stories since - to be blunt - they don't interest me; I like writing over reading any day of the week and it's a rare kind of story that grabs and keeps my attention - usually one that does something unique with part of the franchise, such as improving the anime

yesterday me and my chat friends had a very fruitful conversation about digimon. highlights include realizing cthulhu is essentially just a digimon and then finding out i was RIGHT

Dagomon.jpg

the freakier thing is that this is the digi-cthulhu sketch i did BEFORE seeing that
image.png

dagomon is ok but it could definitely use some trendy boots and jeans alright

I've lost interest in Digimon now after realising that an awful lot of modern Digimon are just anime girls. Also, why do a lot of original Digimon wear helmets? Greymon, Unimon, Whamon, and Angemon are the ones that immediately come to mind.

(Fun fact: I used to think that normal Greymon was called SkullGreymon because of its skull-helmet.)

I'm not interested in playing Digimon World: Next Order any more. I'm beginning to wonder if my PS4 situation will be the same as my Wii U situation, where I get a remake (Wind Waker HD/Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5*) and a bunch of downloadable games from older consoles (I'm particularly interested in Mega Man Legends and Parappa the Rapper 2).

*You can get these in one box, though I don't know how many discs it's on.

yesterday me and my chat friends had a very fruitful conversation about digimon. highlights include realizing cthulhu is essentially just a digimon and then finding out i was RIGHT

Dagomon.jpg

the freakier thing is that this is the digi-cthulhu sketch i did BEFORE seeing that
image.png

dagomon is ok but it could definitely use some trendy boots and jeans alright

Never forget the abandoned dark ocean plot in Digimon 02 where Cthulu rises ominously from the sea, only to never be seen again

Back
Top Bottom