• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

my mom is watching the twilight movies again this is like the 20th time i'm not kidding she needs help

I'm finding selecting recommended chapters for the Character categories rather difficult. I rarely specifically set aside scenes for "characterisation", per se, so there are a lot of chapters with a bit of what's important to showcase

I'm finding selecting recommended chapters for the Character categories rather difficult. I rarely specifically set aside scenes for "characterisation", per se, so there are a lot of chapters with a bit of what's important to showcase
I've found the opposite, actually. I'm currently compiling my recommended reading and I don't know what to suggest for the story at large, but I've got a lot in mind for the characters.

well, that technically wouldn't be a random video game generator at that point

but anyway, that sounds relatively easy to do with a database and SQL, probably would need some other language too to tie it together and make inputs happen, but that's what easy languages like python are good for

meanwhile im here trying to figure out what the hell pointers are

I can't think of a better term than "random generator".

I still need something for my PS4 collection other than Kingdom Hearts and maybe Parappa the Rapper 2. By the way, are PS2 Classics always the American version?

Hey y'all, it's me, the guy who wrote that fic I ended up deleting because I thought it sucked so much. I... have another fic idea in mind, but it's sort of a crossover (as in, the main protagonists are from another franchise but it's a Pokemon verse of them), but... eh, I don't know.

how to know if you're edgy: when someone tells you a scene in your fic literally made them want to puke and it makes you indescribably happy

Throwing out an idea: a sample of video games that aren't necessarily your favourites, but rather give an indication of what kind of games you like.

Say that your favourite video game is Kingdom Stars 3D: Dreamstalk Drop Distance, a platformer RPG. Problem is, you don't like any other platformer RPGs (all two of them), so you wouldn't include it in your sample. Your second-favourite video game is The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Pain, a stealth game. Most of the games you like are stealth games, so you would include that in your sample.

By the way, I think my favourite video game this year is Kirby: Planet Robobot. I got it at the very end of last year, but I mainly played it this year. It's been a long year.

how to know if you're edgy: when someone tells you a scene in your fic literally made them want to puke and it makes you indescribably happy
I can 1-up you: I actually did make someone wretch with my dead Miltank examination scene. Happy that my writing had that effect on someone, but not happy that it happened.

What's up, bbs!!! You've got a little over a week to enter BMG's holiday contest hosted by the WW over here! We've got a few entries so far, but I'd love to see some more of y'all there! There's some work in progress entries over there too if anyone wants to pop in, offer some feedback, and show 'em what the WW is all about. ;)

Does anyone else feel super frustrated with themselves whenever their fanfic upload schedule goes down the gutter? I know I do.

Does anyone else feel super frustrated with themselves whenever their fanfic upload schedule goes down the gutter? I know I do.

Yeppp. I feel accomplished if I can update within 6 months. : ' ) I'd say it's from taking so many projects but in reality it's just a perfectionism when writing that I can't shake that slows me down and drives my motivation away.

Back
Top Bottom