• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

ok everyone shut up for a sec and look at my dog

doggo.jpg

precious bab

my bro had to wave a bun behind me to get her into that pose, haha. she's weirdly camera shy

you have a pet bird? what kinda bird?

my bro had to wave a bun behind me to get her into that pose, haha. she's weirdly camera shy

you have a pet bird? what kinda bird?

Lol awww, but that makes doggo even cuter!

I have a cockatiel. She's not quite as camera shy by any means. : ' ) Most pics are on my phone but there's this.

oq4dGFI.jpg

Throughout 2014, Official Nintendo Magazine hyped up ORAS... then it ended the month before it was released. It felt so... anticlimactic. The last issue made me cry twice, once when it came out, and again when I re-read it a few years later.

Speaking of things that made me cry, I found that Iwata comic again. I first came across it when saw a link to an Imgur album of it on Twitter about a week ago, but that tweet mysteriously disappeared from my timeline. Today, I found a Tumblr album of it on Twitter.

On a brighter note, I'm getting a PS4 and Kingdom Hearts next week... but since the thing that solidified my desire to play it was its Surprise Creepy entry on TV Tropes, maybe this note isn't so bright after all.

my bro got me cuphead for christmas. very charming game, very fun, now if only i could stop being awful at it

also this means i'm legally allowed to make a terrible cuphead OC and i will make use of that right

Speaking of Cuphead, what do you people think of games whose main draw is a unique art style?

It's not Christmas in my time zone yet.

it's not timezones, gifts are given on the evening of the 24th here like in a couple other countries

unique art styles are great, but you need to be able to execute it fully and more importantly, you need to have a decent game behind it.

I've been fleshing out one of the minor characters from my fanfic; a ruthless poacher that I had to work out because the story's roots can be found in his history. I knew I had a story to tell about him but I had no idea his profile would become this large. As it is right now, Osbart's biography is over 6200 words and still rising. He certainly has a most turbulent life I can say. Little of this will reach the actual story but you lay out the foundations before you build a house. I will need to focus on the main character's father next since his history dovetails with that of Osbart. The moral compass of the two men may stand far apart at first sight, they actually share a history and a silent mutual respect for each other. For good reasons.

Also, I have a drug syndicate ruining the life of said poacher. I was tinkering with the idea of having this coterie of derailed gangsters hooked up on the drugs they sell, causing all sorts of derangements and physical deviances, such as the requirement to wear dark sunglasses at all times because the eyes can hardly bear light. But even your standard drug addicted gangster seems rather boring. Should I replace them with killer clowns? A drug lord that employs killer clowns against his foes? Does that sound interesting or just stupid?

The actual story will not contain any killer clowns, drugs or other dark material.

Should I replace them with killer clowns? A drug lord that employs killer clowns against his foes? Does that sound interesting or just stupid?

The actual story will not contain any killer clowns, drugs or other dark material.

Killer clowns in fanfic have a history of exploding buildings right when you think you've escaped them

Stupid, if I'm honest. Creepy, scary, weird and otherwise dark clowns are rather like dead-eyed little girls and nursery rhymes - they're horror clichés, the kind of thing that no-one takes seriously any more.

I'm usually an advocate of paying attention to the details, but if a minor character has more than 6,000 words of planning behind him, it's probably time to reassess your priorities

now that clowns have been brought up, honest question: does anyone actually think clowns are funny?

i don't mean in the entertaining clown kind of way where the clown actually does impressive tricks. i mean that, is there actually a human being out there who sees a person goofing around in a clown outfit as humorous? or is it just a myth people keep perpetuating in media because they think that it must make sense for others and not just them? kind of like the existence of happiness kidding, kidding

i'm genuinely curious because i have never, ever heard anyone actually say they think clowns are inherently funny, but clearly those people must exist.

Back
Top Bottom