• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'm imagining it as like a dramatic, romantic ending quote, so maybe it's from Twilight Princess. To YouTube!

After watching TheJWittz's Kingdom Hearts stream (until I left at a dramatic moment I didn't want spoiled), I'm now mentally cringing at my mental Cars fanfiction again. Still, now I know what I'm in for.

Hopefully, my copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 should arrive tomorrow. I'm only planning on playing the first one at the moment, but since it's a 50-hour game (I haven't played a game that long in years), ~£30 is good value for money.

Also, I can't find Classics anywhere on the PlayStation Store.

I am glad I am not the only one who takes inspiration from dreams. I've yet to write anything Pokemon related to have come from my subconscious, though sometimes inconveniently I will think of plot developments and quotes ten minutes after I have turned my computer off for the evening. Anyone else ever do that?

Speaking of writing based off of dreams, I've been considering it with a consistent dream I've had ever since I was a young kid: a superpowered goth android lady in a spiked metal bikini destroying EVERYTHING just to kill me. I somehow always escape despite lacking super powers.

I feel like there's potential there, but I don't know how to go about it.

Speaking of writing based off of dreams, I've been considering it with a consistent dream I've had ever since I was a young kid: a superpowered goth android lady in a spiked metal bikini destroying EVERYTHING just to kill me. I somehow always escape despite lacking super powers.

Sounds like a sci-fi thing, where android soldiers trained to fight in wars have turned against their masters. But the androids were also designed to be like magical girls. So there is a bunch of magical girls running around a cyberpunk landscape. You always escape because really, you are part android yourself.

holy cliche.

Maybe it's your subconscious telling you that your soul mate is looking for you and will search heaven and earth to be with you, but you will always find a way to avoid being them. #deep

Sounds like a sci-fi thing, where android soldiers trained to fight in wars have turned against their masters. But the androids were also designed to be like magical girls. So there is a bunch of magical girls running around a cyberpunk landscape. You always escape because really, you are part android yourself.

holy cliche.
I was actually thinking that, it definitely sounds like a dime a dozen edgy anime.

Maybe it's your subconscious telling you that your soul mate is looking for you and will search heaven and earth to be with you, but you will always find a way to avoid being them. #deep
Having determined without a doubt that I lack a soul, I wonder if it's even possible for me to have a soul mate.

i tend to think of most of my ideas when i'm in bed or out walking the dog. good thing i have my phone with me to write stuff down on.

i've had a weird recurring element in my dreams lately - that being needing to get from the school to the bus stop in time before the bus comes, but being incredibly tired and sleepy and barely able to walk. this seems to belong to the bigger family of the theme "failure to keep up with bus/school schedules" and these happen specifically on holidays.

My ideas tend to come up spontaneously. I could be asleep, deep in focus on something, or sitting in school and suddenly ,"Hey why not write a story about Velociraptors?"

Rough few days. My cats had to go to the vet the other day, nothing major. Just a regular checkup. The youngest, Lacy, has an eye that has several brown/black specks in it that have been there since we adopted her. The vet told us to take her to an eye doctor to have it checked so my mom took her yesterday. Her eye showed 1 1/2 signs of eye cancer and one of the signs is the tissue was shredding and if it got somewhere else, the cancer would spread so it was decided the eye would be removed. She was brought to the animal hospital this morning. My mom got the call a while ago that the operation's been done. My poor baby. She'll be in a cone for 10 or 14 days.

I have to try to actively think of ideas; they don't really just come to me anymore. I used to do this while trying to fall asleep and would be more than okay with it taking me hours to actually fall asleep because I'd enjoy thinking about my stories so much, though now, just listening to music and imagining scenes in my head is enough.

Rough few days. My cats had to go to the vet the other day, nothing major. Just a regular checkup. The youngest, Lacy, has an eye that has several brown/black specks in it that have been there since we adopted her. The vet told us to take her to an eye doctor to have it checked so my mom took her yesterday. Her eye showed 1 1/2 signs of eye cancer and one of the signs is the tissue was shredding and if it got somewhere else, the cancer would spread so it was decided the eye would be removed. She was brought to the animal hospital this morning. My mom got the call a while ago that the operation's been done. My poor baby. She'll be in a cone for 10 or 14 days.

Poor kitty! I'm sorry to hear this - hope she feels better soon. :(

I prefer ideas that turn up when I'm properly awake. Stories need pruning and moulding to make them work, picking away at them to find the weak points. These days I won't write short reminder notes to myself, since without an accompanying explanation they'll invariably turn into gibberish by the time I get to look at them again

I have to try to actively think of ideas; they don't really just come to me anymore.

Yeah, that happens with me, too. I feel you. That, or the ideas that come to me can't be used for whatever reason, even though I really want to.

Alright. Next year, I'm going to actually attempt writing my own novel. I mean a real, genuine novel that I want to actually get published. I already started doing an outline for it, I'm gonna try devoting my time to writing it whenever inspiration strikes me, and I already bookmarked a crap ton of publishers and agents I can try and contact, should I actually finish it. I don't know if I'll succeed, as I hear the road to publishing is very hard, but I'm gonna try my hand at it. I can't stand just sitting around and being jealous of people around me for accomplishing what they want to or set out to do. It's always been my dream to write the kinds of stories that always touched my heart since I was a kid, and writing is the best way for me to express myself and the things in my mind, heart, and soul that I want to create and share with the world. So I'm gonna try and write my first novel and actually push to get it published once I finish it (If I finish it, that is). But I'm still planning it out as of right now, so it's not quite there yet.

I am glad I am not the only one who takes inspiration from dreams. I've yet to write anything Pokemon related to have come from my subconscious, though sometimes inconveniently I will think of plot developments and quotes ten minutes after I have turned my computer off for the evening. Anyone else ever do that?

For what it's worth, the premise for The Deprogramming came to me in a dream years ago. But, like Pavell said, it took a while to refine the raw idea. Most people don't leap out of bed and start hammering out an entire novel (including complex thematic details). So, yeah, don't let your dreams be dreams[?], kids.

Hey y'all, it's me, the guy who wrote that fic I ended up deleting because I thought it sucked so much. I... have another fic idea in mind, but it's sort of a crossover (as in, the main protagonists are from another franchise but it's a Pokemon verse of them), but... eh, I don't know.

AYYYYY SWOOD I REMEMBER YOU

Most of my story ideas are focused on trying to create a story around a protagonist. I cannot for the life of me think up antagonists.

I get my most detailed ideas when I'm half-asleep, and here's something I thought up last night: Nintendo are the Disney of video games. They're the most well-known company in their industries, and have made many iconic characters. They also stick to tried-and-tested formulas, causing people to get tired of them after a while. People accuse them of being more childish than they actually are.

Also, this is never going to happen, but I would play the hell out of a Nintendo ripoff of Kingdom Hearts.

i can't remember how i came up with the premise for hunter, haunted but it brings me dread to know that it may as well have purely come from just the working title
which was surreal killer
which came from a youtube comment featured on an episode of your grammar sucks
what a timeline we live in

also, strange that you can't think up antagonists, i can't write protagonists - i mean the goody-two-shoes kind. guess the edge runs too deep

I've decided to tone down this Everbright story (now called The Shining Star of Everbright) because I realised that the "save the world" stuff was too complicated and excessive. I want to introduce the world of Everbright and the creatures that inhabit it before the crazy stuff happens.

For what it's worth, the premise for The Deprogramming came to me in a dream years ago. But, like Pavell said, it took a while to refine the raw idea. Most people don't leap out of bed and start hammering out an entire novel (including complex thematic details). So, yeah, don't let your dreams be dreams[?], kids.
See, the reason I brought this up because several times now I have dreamt stories all the way, or very near, to their conclusion. It's proved quite weird. Some of them I can tell where the subconscious seeds came from, but the other week I dreamt a found footage/Survivor-esque parody black comedy that I didn't get to finish as I woke up before it ended. It was and still is a tad unsettling

Back
Top Bottom