• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I don't get to "miss" days working aboard the ship, not unless I'm dead, dying, or infected with the plague and the ship's doctor says so. My supervisor knows where I live (right down the hall from him, actually) and I will hear judgemental phone calls/door banging if I somehow manage to "miss" something.

On the plus side, it's work I like to do, and my commute is literally a flight of stairs or a short elevator trip.

I am waiting for several packages from the US to arrive. According to their tracking numbers, two of those have been delivered today but upon arriving home I found nothing. Only after some searching around did I found out they're waiting at the customs office (not very far from where I live (Germany)). That at least calmed my nerves, although the memories of the last (and first) time I visited the German custom office is something best left in the past.

i missed my alarm today so my mom yelled to wake me up and i was right in the middle of having a dream and it really fucked me up for the rest of the morning, i got a headache for no reason and had almost no idea what was going on

and i dreamt about some really amazing story concept but when i woke up i'd forgotten it > : ((((
That sucks. Sorry about that.

I had a dream last night which I actually remembered for once. It's very rare that that happens, maybe once a month or less. Unfortunately it wasn't a very exciting dream (what I can remember of it), but it featured a very pretty girl named Elizabeth. So... a portent? An omen? Complete nonsense? Who can say.

you need to kill elizabeth so you can stay the fairest in the land

A very pretty girl named Elizabeth, you say?

3ce2Mqs.png

I will always remember Bioshock as the game with the most complicated story. After finishing the game I needed to wade through a big online article that explained what exactly happened and even after reading that I still hardly grasped the story. I will also remember it as the game with the most unsatisfying story.

And with the bazillion different time lines, I'm sure that there is at least one where Elizabeth still lives.

Last edited:
the only thing i know about this girl that she was shipped with the MC and then it turned out she was his daughter or something and it was awful for everybody

or am i thinking of someone else

the only thing i know about this girl that she was shipped with the MC and then it turned out she was his daughter or something and it was awful for everybody

or am i thinking of someone else
You are correct.
Booker is the father of Elizabeth who is capable of opening rifts that lead to other time lines, the sole reason for all the misery in Bioshock. Elizabeth has this ability because the top of her pinky is in the original time line where she was born. Someone took her away from Booker and attempted escape through a rift, only for Elizabeth to loose a part of her finger when it closed. The only way to end it was for Booker to return to the point in history where the alternative time lines began and die. This also prevented Elizabeth to be born, thus she died as well.

This is just what I recalled from the game, so I could be wrong on some things.

came home 4h ago to be productive and ive only managed to do one math problem and fail at a physics one, damn i suck. i did draw a card for my mom for her birthday but that was hardly anything

and now i can see that shot i took is working because typing correctly is starting to get hard

@Fulcrum Don't you think it's kind of strange? How sometimes, when you wake up, you know you had a dream, but you can't remember it.

My knowledge of BioShock begins and ends at Game Theory.

On an unrelated note, Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 was so emotionally powerful, but the ending left me feeling so conflicted, that ever since then, I've been going through "withdrawal", hoping I'll find another work of fiction that will impact me in the same way. Granted, I moved on after a few months, but now my FMA obsession has returned.

It's not healthy to put something on a pedestal.

...Never played Bioshock, but not gonna lie, this sounds right up my alley lol
Here's the fun part: it's an FPS! NOOOoooooo

It's utterly fantastic though, Bioshock: Infinite is probably one of my absolute favorites of all time. Such solid story writing, but I can understand if people are confused by it.

I hate FPS games in general, but man Bioshock is an amazing series. I got to play Infinite for the first time a month or two ago, and it was a right treat.

But no, it wasn't that Elizabeth. She had dark hair, but that was where the similarities ended. A lot taller, round face, ambiguously Mediterranean, wore jeans and a Star Wars t-shirt. Go figure.

I think I've said this before, but I can't play any shooter games due to motion sickness. I might enjoy ones like Bioshock, not so much stuff like Halo or Call of Duty. I've gotten a few hints as to how to reduce the likelihood of motion sickness, but I've still got a long list of other games to play first. :p

@Fulcrum Don't you think it's kind of strange? How sometimes, when you wake up, you know you had a dream, but you can't remember it.

My knowledge of BioShock begins and ends at Game Theory.

On an unrelated note, Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 was so emotionally powerful, but the ending left me feeling so conflicted, that ever since then, I've been going through "withdrawal", hoping I'll find another work of fiction that will impact me in the same way. Granted, I moved on after a few months, but now my FMA obsession has returned.

It's not healthy to put something on a pedestal.

FMA gripped me in a way that no other anime really has. I wish had other suggestions like it but I don't lol

FMA gripped me in a way that no other anime really has.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

I bought combo volumes 1-2-3 and 4-5-6 of Fullmetal Alchemist today.

I didn't buy it, but on the synopsis of 7-8-9, it mentions that Al was erased from existence for a few minutes, which is such an absurd concept. (Also, I've recently realised that soul transmutation makes no sense.)

Back
Top Bottom