• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

@AetherX You might have something to say about dead birds...

INFJ-T vs. INFJ-A Personality Types
INFJ Personality Type – Myers Briggs (MBTI) Psychometric Instruments | OPP
Always nice to see confirmed you're part of a minority. I'm a infj-a, before you ask, not one of those pesky infj-t, don't even dare to think that low of me. I would hate to be found dead near one.

I took that test out of boredom a few days ago and I ended up as INFJ, too. :p Don't know if I'd put myself on the T or A side, though. Besides, then I took the test a few more times elsewhere and kept getting INFP. shrugs

I never found those tests to be particularly reliable, my results typically change every time I take one. The only constant I seem to maintain is that it marks me as an introvert.

I have been INTJ since I was 12, which at the time was really sad because all of the "what fictional character are you based on your M-B type" gave me Voldemort, Sauron, etc.

naturally i have decided to ignore that because taking over the world only to be thwarted by a high schooler seemed like a lot of work

Last edited:
I'm INFP and MBTI is a lot better if you learn the cognitive functions and use your own self-assessment rather than the test(s). (It's also widely assumed that your result doesn't change over time)

I'm INFP and MBTI is a lot better if you learn the cognitive functions and use your own self-assessment rather than the test(s). (It's also widely assumed that your result doesn't change over time)

Eh, people have an exaggerated sense of self (for better or for worse) so people are likely to put themselves in the wrong categories. Test questions, at least, should be designed so that you can't really rig answers in your favor or accurately guess what the question's trying to assess.

An idiosyncratic adventure, pulling you in and saying: "this is, in fact, not what you were looking for; but it's much more interesting."

- Terry Pratchett, on Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable

I can see his point. My last half-hour went something like this:

Open at a random page. Titled: "Curiosities and Inconsequences". "Croque-monsieur (French, literally 'munch-sir')". A toasted cheese and ham sandwich, known as a croque-madame when served with a fried egg on top. Hmm. Flick forward a few pages. Title: "Chavs and Cockledemoy: The Social Ladder Past and Present". "Billingsgate fish-fag": as rude and ill-mannered as a woman from Billingsgate fish-market. "Cockledemoy": an amusing rogue, referencing a character from the play The Dutch Courtesan.

Oi. Focus. Flip forward to "P". "Panchaea: A fabulous land, possibly belonging to Arabia Felix, renowned among the ancients for the quality of its perfumes, which included myrrh and incense." Who was Arabia Felix? Reference Arabia. Oh. Arabia Felix was the name given to the main part of the Arabian peninsular by Ptolemy. Hang on. What was I looking for? Ah. "Panacea"

I had a similar experience. I was curious about the spelling of the arctic tern's species name, since it's not something I'm very familiar with. I entered the rabbit hole of information; I could probably tell you every little bit of trivia about arctic terns now, how their courting rituals stack up with other birds, ecological and geographical information about their common nesting sites and even history on some of the prominent biologists who studied them.

I just wanted a spelling clarification

Eh, people have an exaggerated sense of self (for better or for worse) so people are likely to put themselves in the wrong categories. Test questions, at least, should be designed so that you can't really rig answers in your favor or accurately guess what the question's trying to assess.
That is unless you are aware of what the test is asking you.
A majority of tests concerning MBTI don't even take into account the cognitive functions, and what was effectively the 'route' of the original system. Self-discovering through the cognitive functions can also be aided by that of other people, so your perception need not always be bias towards you.

Back
Top Bottom